allaboutbuzz

U5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update September 22nd, 2022

20220919 Firmware Version
5.0.766 Buzz 5 App Version

PLEASE NOTE YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK

PLEASE NOTE IT WILL TAKE UP TO 20 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL + REBOOT

Firmware Changes:

- Added support for ARQ200/220/250 Remotes
- Added HDMI CEC settings and Max Volume Shortcut Buttons to Buzz Smart Remote App
- Updated OTA app

Buzz 5 Version 5.0.766 Changes:

- Fixed PVR bugs that would cause recordings to end early on Multi Connection Accounts (XC Login/M3U)
- Optimized PVR for better performance.
- Fixed decoder issue.
- Fixed a rare crash in Backup Player when active cc/audio track was changed by user.
- Fixed a bug on Modern with favorite app icons disappearing.
- Fixed a bug when changing locations with Weather Settings in Buzz Utilities.
- Fixed TMDB Meta Data bugs in VOD/TV Series on some servers.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BELOW
THANKS

After 20220919 on U5 I've noticed when scrolling thru some channels up/down I get black screen with weird static sound being amplified (loud) I have to play with +/- CH it to get it right. Didn't have this problem before the update. I think it needs to be looked after. 

Edited by Kone

1 hour ago, Kone said:

After 20220919 on U5 I've noticed when scrolling thru some channels up/down I get black screen with weird static sound being amplified (loud) I have to play with +/- CH it to get it right. Didn't have this problem before the update. I think it needs to be looked after. 

do you have force max volume on?

I’ve noticed the black screen with buzzing noise aswell. I just got the u5 a couple days ago and it updated to the new firmware right away so I can’t compare to previous version firmware. Doesn’t happen all the time, I think it’s happened maybe 5 or 6 times in the last couple days. Not a huge deal. Switching the channel and going back fixes it.

OK.. I just went channel surfing 🙂 

5 minutes in, I managed to reproduce it.   So it is Black screen (as mentioned).  You can vaguely hear the channel audio over the loud buzzing/distortion.   And Closed captions (if present) are also continued to be overlaid.

Continued to channel surf and could pretty much reproduce it every 5 minutes or so.  NOTE: That even if volume level is set to minimum, the distortion is a max volume.

Guess @allaboutbuzz can confirm if he can reproduce it also, to try to address it in an upcoming update.

2 hours ago, Emporium said:

OK.. I just went channel surfing 🙂 

5 minutes in, I managed to reproduce it.   So it is Black screen (as mentioned).  You can vaguely hear the channel audio over the loud buzzing/distortion.   And Closed captions (if present) are also continued to be overlaid.

Continued to channel surf and could pretty much reproduce it every 5 minutes or so.  NOTE: That even if volume level is set to minimum, the distortion is a max volume.

Guess @allaboutbuzz can confirm if he can reproduce it also, to try to address it in an upcoming update.

We will look into this and report back

Thanks for bringing it to our attention 

• Like 1

Update.

Now it even does the same thing without even changing channels.  Just leave it on and wait for it. Do not update to any firmware IMO. If ain't broke don't fix it.

Basically, a brick that collect dust. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

I might not buy or recommend Buzz products anymore.

Back to Formuler. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see any mention of a fix in the latest firmware that was just released.

BUT I decided to test it anyway and I could not reproduce the issue.  I tried for about 20 minutes channel surfing back and forth just like before (where it was not difficult to reproduce before). 

@Kone& @Wes Bullardcan you take the latest update, and then try to see if the problem persists ?

For me, it seems to have corrected whatever the issue was (at least for now).   I'll do more testing later this week and onitor it.

Thanks

• Like 2