**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - September 22nd, 2022

allaboutbuzz

19 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Exactly. It was not from the box, saying it was not updated. He went to a site that said it was not updated. He asked and it was fixed. Yes. But he knew it was not up-to-date by seeing it somewhere else besides his box.

Actually he came to this site and said he didn't have an update

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Correct. He read it was not right. Surely he didn't check for a update and then say it is not up to date when it says it is.

The way we do updates is we send them to boxes based on the Firmware Version # they're currently running

Since X5s running 20220624 cannot properly take OTAs, we leave those out when sending updates.

That is why, when you check for updates on the X5 and you're running 20220624
It says No Update Available or Up to Date.

I believe you also have an Email Ticket with us through cs@buzztv.com
And we offered a few solutions to you for your issue.

I'm not sure why you're continuing with this on our Forums

• Like 1

Buzz, the point was to let others know boxes with this firmware will never update if you don't know to go to a site discussing this stuff. No one came here and said my box says it is updated, but I know it is not. They wouldn't know that unless they had already seen this issue on a previous site or stumbled upon it here. The normal user will never know the difference.

Thanks for stepping in, Buzz. Yes, I do have a ticket and a resolution has been sent. Tracking number shows it to be here Thursday. I will apply the fix and post back after the installation.

Man, you just won't shut up. I honestly don't know why Buzz is allowing the type of comments you make.

Yes, anyone can find it. Not until they know it is not updated. The screen says it is.

No, users are not stupid. We can find the solution online ONCE we know not to believe what the screen tells us. You want to keep talking, how bout' you address that? How would I know not to believe the screen?

• Haha 2

Users are NOT stupid, but you seem to be very stubborn.  You do not seem to understand, it CANNOT be addressed.  It is a BUG which creeped in, and it nothing can be done.  It is NOT an unwillingness to do anything.  It's an isolated incident, and sh!t happens.  If a user is having issues with their box, they will go online, and eventually stumble across this site and get help.  

1 hour ago, Flyinghigh said:

Man, you just won't shut up. I honestly don't know why Buzz is allowing the type of comments you make.

Yes, anyone can find it. Not until they know it is not updated. The screen says it is.

No, users are not stupid. We can find the solution online ONCE we know not to believe what the screen tells us. You want to keep talking, how bout' you address that? How would I know not to believe the screen?

Actually Buzz asked you why you were continuing with this issue on the forum 

1 minute ago, Flyinghigh said:

Yes. I unplugged everything from the x5. I inserted the card(32gb). Then I plugged in the HDMI cable. I pressed the reset button and plugged it in. I held the button for about 20 secs. Had the red light since then.

try it again

it took me 2 tries

second time light turned blue after about 5 minutes

31 minutes ago, dishuser said:

not sure if you watched this

most of the beginning doesn't matter since card already has the files

https://mega.nz/file/DwhmlYaa#MVlgPbFbYfWJgStn2JeH-VCDxba7foYmJxgEqwrzDxw

We shipped him an SD Card with the files already on it
Tested it before sending as well.

• Like 2

I have tried to reset my device a dozen times. Each time I followed the process below.

Unplug everything from the x5, insert sd card, plug in the HDMI cable. Press the reset button. While holding down the reset button, I plug it in. Still holding the reset button for 20sec. I leave it sit for a min. of 10 mins. each time. Max time has been 30 mins. I still have a red light. Ideas?

1 minute ago, Flyinghigh said:

I have tried to reset my device a dozen times. Each time I followed the process below.

Unplug everything from the x5, insert sd card, plug in the HDMI cable. Press the reset button. While holding down the reset button, I plug it in. Still holding the reset button for 20sec. I leave it sit for a min. of 10 mins. each time. Max time has been 30 mins. I still have a red light. Ideas?

you probably not gonna listen but I will advise you to listen and trust them and mail your device to them and let will fix it and mail you back to you. problem solved 🙂

4 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

If its permanently on red light
The box is bricked now basically

The SD card we shipped you won't even fix it now.

I suggest you just email us back on the ticket we had with you, and you will now need to ship it to us to get fixed.

• Like 4

My X5 will not update. Tried numerous times. It will download and then tell me to reboot. After rebooting nothing happens it locks up. I have to unplug and plug the box in about five times so that I can use it and then it tells me to update. While watching shows a notice will pop up telling me to update this is really frustrating. This has been going on since I bought the box about 4 months ago.  

V20220628 it's my current firmware version

42 minutes ago, Djtank said:

My X5 will not update. Tried numerous times. It will download and then tell me to reboot. After rebooting nothing happens it locks up. I have to unplug and plug the box in about five times so that I can use it and then it tells me to update. While watching shows a notice will pop up telling me to update this is really frustrating. This has been going on since I bought the box about 4 months ago.  

V20220628 it's my current firmware version

the files are posted

do you have an sd card?