**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - September 22nd, 2022

allaboutbuzz

2 hours ago, Flyinghigh said:

Well, 1st of all, CS never offered me a replacement. 

I was given the choice to send it back or get the sd card and do it myself. Nothing else. 

"What's the problem if I get a replacement box"? Well, I would be without a device to watch TV. So how fast do you think it will be to send it out and get it back? Mind you, no TV for that long.

How to contact them? Well, surely Buzz knows who they shipped the boxes to. Maybe reach out to the mailing address. After all, these boxes will never update, and it shows as if it is.

Many don't want the updates? Are you saying there is no reason to update my box? There are no changes in these updates to fix stuff? What about security patches? Nothing in the updates for that either? Don't update the box?

Only happened a few........ Those poor "few" people have a box that will never update and show it is up-to-date. No problem.........A few dozen or 100's,  does it really matter? Boxes are out there that will never update unless the consumer finds this site and thread to know their box is not up-to-date. Is that accurate?

Oh, and my box is not returnable according to cs.

I bet you leave lowest rating to each restaurant, mechanics, shopping malls or whatever things you do in your daily life. I can understand this. unbelievable, you got so much support from buzz team, and individual members here and still dont want to put little effort nor want to mail and just keep post crap. hope you will resolve your issues some day 🙂

• Thanks 1

Well, you guys are awesome at 1 thing. Gang up on the poster and make them feel small, call them names and make them stop posting.

Problem solved. Thanks BuzzTV! Your support from the "official forum" speak volumes about your company.

If I had any idea I would be dealing with this type of help with the system, I never would have purchased the product.  Buyer beware.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Well, you guys are awesome at 1 thing. Gang up on the poster and make them feel small, call them names and make them stop posting.

Problem solved. Thanks BuzzTV! Your support from the "official forum" speak volumes about your company.

If I had any idea I would be dealing with this type of help with the system, I never would have purchased the product.  Buyer beware.

I was actually reading the other day somebody left negative comment about restaurant and guess what owner replied dont come back 🙂 (many people liked it though and me too )

you sign-up on this site to say this about buzz products and finally you said. now have a nice day 

We are all end users like you (with few exceptions).  But we don't need the drama.  Security updates ?  Really ?  I still use boxes with Android 6 that have not had an update in ages, and have never had an issue.  Do you do your banking on your media box ? 🙄 This is not crappy windows os which leaves all the windows open 🙂 And yes, many people are happy with what they have, and don't want to update or care for one.   Many go by the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

And NO, Buzz does not necessarily have the info on all users buying the boxes.  The majority are not sold through the buzz store.  Often through 3rd party resellers, and from iptv resellers themselves.

Not many companies would offer to swap the box or even fix it (their fault or not).  You would be on your own, or "bring it to an authorized" service center.  And how long does that take ?  I recall even companies like Microsoft who had a known issue on their xboxes (red ring of death) due to a crappy design, and refused to do anything about it and it would always occur just out of warranty.   Synology on all their 2015/2016 models (DS1515+, DS1815+, RS24156+, etc..) NAS servers, some well over $2000, had a design flaw which was caused by a bug in the Intel Atom C2000 CPU that they used and a design flaw.  Did they offer advance exchanges? NO.  You raise an RMA (assuming you are still under warranty), you flip the bill for shipping the unit back, and you may or may not get your unit back, they may eventually exchange it.  And what was the fix ?  A 5 cent resistor over 2 JTAG pins.  Do you think they even provided the fix public ally ?  Nope.. It was just the community who figured it out by comparing "fixed" and not fixed boards.

Glitches and oversights can happen with the best of equipment.  A company shines when they acknowledge an error.  And offer a fix/replacement ay no cost to the user.   Yes, you'd be without a box for a few days.  Sh!t happens. 

If they offered an advance exchange, and asked for you to provide your CC to put a hold on it, to make sure you return the original box, You would probably whine about the "nerve" buzz has to do such a thing.   You would not be happy no matter WHAT they do to try to fix the issue.  You'd find something wrong with it.  You got your box fixed, move on.

You all just won't let it go. I have a new box that won't update. Never will without this "fix". Most won't know they have a box that won't update. I seriously doubt these updates were released that do nothing to enhance the user experience.

This thread tells me a lot about Buzztv as a company. The name-calling and accusations of me as a person are wrong.

Keep the bullies around Buzz. They sure are an asset. See "the click" soon. Happy surfing.

• Confused 1

@dikuser I don't know 😕 why you're bringing up my sister Karen. She has nothing to do with buzz. Grow up, shut up and keep things on topic instead of insulting people (my sister). If you have nothing intelligent to say and you don't,  than just zip it. You are single handedly wrecking this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Flyinghigh said:

You all just won't let it go. I have a new box that won't update. Never will without this "fix". Most won't know they have a box that won't update. I seriously doubt these updates were released that do nothing to enhance the user experience.

This thread tells me a lot about Buzztv as a company. The name-calling and accusations of me as a person are wrong.

Keep the bullies around Buzz. They sure are an asset. See "the click" soon. Happy surfing.

If there is anyone who is not letting it go its you!!!

You have been given options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems like a theme to not address some of my questions. I feel the type of replies to some of my post may be intimidating to new members.

Fix for my box, yes it has been sent. Fix for the personal attacks, no.

You all seem very confident this sd card is going to fix this box. Let's see what happens in a few days.

34 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Seems like a theme to not address some of my questions. I feel the type of replies to some of my post may be intimidating to new members.

Fix for my box, yes it has been sent. Fix for the personal attacks, no.

You all seem very confident this sd card is going to fix this box. Let's see what happens in a few days.

I happened to be one which was lucky enough to have an X5 with this firmware.   

I got the files listed in this post, made my own SD card, and installed it quite easily. It updates you to 20220811 firmware, but at that point the OTA updates are enabled/fixed, and the box will shortly after a reboot update to the latest.  

Go take a look at the video that is in the post.  

The only comment I would make on the video is: In the video at about the 2minute mark it shows the box with RED light, and shows it quickly switch to blue.  In reality, that can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes before it turns blue and powers up.  During this period DO NOT unplug it.  I thought something had gone wrong with mine when I did it, but I waited. Be patient, it will eventually power up.  It is a long 3 or 4 minutes when you are just staring at it, but it works well.

Think about it, like someone forgetting the keys in the car.  You need to find someway to get back in.  It is inconvenient, YES.  But there is a solution.  

It is not something that happens often.  I have had Buzz boxes since the XPL3000 many years ago, and this is an isolated incident.  It can happen.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Guess you're 1 of the few with this issue. You just happen to know to go to this forum to see it is not updated. As I posted above, most don't know that.

I've been on this site (and others) way before I had this issue.  I a number of buzz boxes (11 and counting) and they have been great at addressing any issues we find or features we ask for.  A lot more than I can say about many other manufacturers.  I noticed there was an update, but it was not a secret or any conspiracy theory, it was clearly stated that there was an issue with the 0624 firmware boxes.  It was right there in the update announcement on Aug 11 firmware.  

If people have issues, they can always contact buzz Customer Service from the buzz web page.  Depending on which site you go to, it either gives you an online form you can fill out, or an email address you can contact at.

It was an easy fix, I used my own card and it took a few minutes. I wasn't crazy about having to reinstall everything on the box but that's life.  Took me 20 minutes to put everything back on the box. Not the end of the world, I'm not a techie and this was very easy. 

I was upset too that my box wasn't updating but within a couple hours of my post asking when it would be fixed, I got the fix sent to me and was up and running less than an hour later. I really can't ask for more than that. 

Give the fix a try, I think you'll be happy with it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Exactly. It was not from the box, saying it was not updated. He went to a site that said it was not updated. He asked and it was fixed. Yes. But he knew it was not up-to-date by seeing it somewhere else besides his box.

Are we on the same issue again ? Get over it.  It is a glitch, and there is NOTHING that can be done to change that.  Sh!t happens.  There was a bug in the OTA updating software.  It sucks, we know.  There is a fix, move on.  Coming from someone who was complaining that we won't drop it.