**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - September 22nd, 2022

allaboutbuzz

29 minutes ago, Dynas said:

After my update my Volume control will not control the sound on my X5

Is it like the volume of the X5 stuck at max ?  

I have seen that toggle to "MAX VOLUME" on occasion after an update.

From home screen, select Settings icon on top, then Settings, BuzzTV Utilities, Volume Control.  There is an option for "force max volume".  Disable that, and the remote will not control the volume setting on the X5.

4 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Gheesh, guess I am just catching up. My x5 says I have the latest updates. However, it shows V20220624. Can someone update this device?

Here are the files to use
Basically need to put the 3 files onto the root of an SD Card
The SD Card must be min 2GB, no bigger than 64GB
Formatted to FAT32

https://mega.nz/folder/TIlUzZhR#vIOZKq43u3MS3Y3zoFHdkQ

It will reset your box, but it will take it to 20220811 FW, which from there can get all Future OTAs
You can use this to help others individually as well if you want to via PM or Email.

Here is the How To Video for it as well
https://mega.nz/file/CJtxhb7I#TcHg2uOdPghzRQmipi7sMd5A3-ZcOz8sticOYByRuB0

The whole process takes about 3-5 Minutes till it boots back in.

But this will fix any box with 0624 FW.

5 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

What? So now I have to be a tech to keep my Buzztv box updated? Is there a way for this particular box to be updated without all this?

This was a one time glitch.  And out of the 10 buzz boxes I have, this was the only time this has ever been required. 

After this update the box will take updates like all the other boxes.

Just now, Flyinghigh said:

So if I don't do this, my device won't be updated anymore? Why do I have to go out and buy a micro sd card? What if I don't have a computer to do this on?

Does all that mean my box, that is less than a year old, will never be updated again?

No. As DU mentioned above.  Contact Buzz and they will arrange to do this for you.

Contact Cs@buzztv.com 

1 hour ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

but how to do it? I don't know, tell me.

Going from memory, since I am not in front of my TV, but hit the "menu", "settings", "Configuration", and I believe it is the first option for LiveTV Player.   depending on your version of software, it could say "Primary", "default", "Backup, "Secondary",etc.. there are 2 options.  Select the other one of what is presently selected.

• Like 1

Dishuser, you say it only happened to a few. I would say there are many that have this box, most likely all that have been sold, and don't know, they have to go to a support group to find out that the box is not updated. This box is brand new and is stuck at the old update. My box says it is updated, and it actually is not. So how many non-techie user are seeing this same thing and don't know any better? Most users go by what the box says. That shows it is up-to-date. If I hadn't come here and seen the thread, I wouldn't know the difference. Oh, and the easy fix..... I beg to differ as a general user of this box.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

The issue was caused by an outside source not notifying buzz of a security update

The number of units with the June firmware is small under 100 and a fix was issued

If the fix didn't work or the customer wasn't techy enough to do the fix an exchange is arranged.

I think that is good service.

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flyinghigh said:

Wasn't an exchange offered to me. Send it out or have a sd card mailed and do it myself. I stand by my comments of there are boxes out there and the consumer doesn't know the difference. That is not good customer service.

If you are tech capable enough, then there is no point of going through the hassle of swapping out the box.  It is longer for both Buzz and the End user.  If user is completely tech zero, that is a different story.  At least Buzz is not abandoning them (like I've seen many other companies do).

And what would you recommend ?  This is not a car, where I have a legal registry of all who purchased it, that I can send out a service bulletin.  Many people don't even care about updates, and are happy with what they have. I have 2 xrs4900  boxes and I left one of them on firmware 4.0.xxx instead of upgrading to 5.0.xx branch (for over a year), simply because the "wife" - who is not tech savvy - was happy with the box as it is, and any changes were not often welcome by her.  

Should users experience an issue with their box, they would seek out help from customer support and would then be provided the required info.  It is an unfortunate firmware glitch.  It happens.  I think Buzz has stepped up to the plate by fixing it, offering the files and instructions to those who can do it themselves, and offering an exchange to those who don't feel comfortable to do it themselves.  Don't know what more you can expect from a $250 box.

Not many companies step up to the plate like that.  Actually Amazon was even worse when they got into an argument with google and pulled the play store from all of there devices a few years ago.  Didn't all users pay to have a "true" android box with google services ?  Oh, now without their consent, they found themselves with neutered devices.  And took them ages to build up their "store".

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2

Well, 1st of all, CS never offered me a replacement. 

I was given the choice to send it back or get the sd card and do it myself. Nothing else. 

"What's the problem if I get a replacement box"? Well, I would be without a device to watch TV. So how fast do you think it will be to send it out and get it back? Mind you, no TV for that long.

How to contact them? Well, surely Buzz knows who they shipped the boxes to. Maybe reach out to the mailing address. After all, these boxes will never update, and it shows as if it is.

Many don't want the updates? Are you saying there is no reason to update my box? There are no changes in these updates to fix stuff? What about security patches? Nothing in the updates for that either? Don't update the box?

Only happened a few........ Those poor "few" people have a box that will never update and show it is up-to-date. No problem.........A few dozen or 100's,  does it really matter? Boxes are out there that will never update unless the consumer finds this site and thread to know their box is not up-to-date. Is that accurate?

Oh, and my box is not returnable according to cs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1