**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - September 22nd, 2022

allaboutbuzz

2 hours ago, Anglishplz said:

Messaged allaboutbuzz with no reply, I'm getting really fed up with this Bluetooth issue. Who do I have to contact to send this x5 back?

The BT400 is also an IR remote, so you can use it by pointing it to the front of the x5 to get into the menus.

Once it happened to me and it was strange.  I unpaired my remote.  Then when I went to the add remote/accessory BT screen, even thoguh I did NOT put my remote in pairing mode, yet it still saw it.. But when I selected it, it would say it was pairing... but after a while it would fail.  Then I did it using a different sequence.

When you go the remote and accessory settings screen, unpair the BT400.

Then, select add new remote.. Wait till it starts to check and it will see your BT400 at the top (at least I did, even though my remote was NOT yet in paring mode). Select it, and it will say pairing (or at least it is trying to)..  Then, and only then, press and hold the OK+Home button till the LED starts flashing. Then the "pairing" notification changes to "connected".

It only happened to me once.  It was bizarre, but I could not reproduce it, so hard to fix or explain something that can not be reproduced.

Anyhow, give it a try.

• Like 1

After the update, I was watching an on demand program n Kodi.  The boxX5 stopped responding to the remote for all functions except powering off, which I did.  After powering back on, there were no issues until yesterday when I powered the X5 on and the could not nagivate the home screen.  New batteries made no difference.  The remote was about a foot away from the box.  After unplugging the X5 for about a minute and a half and plugging it back in, it powered on and respnded to the remote.  This morning after powering the X5 on, I am again unable to navigate the home screen.  I unplugged the X5 twice, the second for several minutes.  I've done manual pairing, factory reset and removed and replaced the batteries.   The first two times I powered the X5 on this morning, all apps was highlighted, instead of live tv as it has always been.  The third time live tv was highlighted and I was able to navigate to the first app icon on the bottom row, but no farther.  The fourth time the first app icon on the bottom row was highlighted and I was not able to navigate away from it.  The last 2 times live tv was highlighted on powering on.  I am unable to navigate from there.  I have had the unit seven weeks.  After powering on, I have always had to press the down or up button several times before the X5 started responding.  

2 hours ago, jawjahpeach said:

After the update, I was watching an on demand program n Kodi.  The boxX5 stopped responding to the remote for all functions except powering off, which I did.  After powering back on, there were no issues until yesterday when I powered the X5 on and the could not nagivate the home screen.  New batteries made no difference.  The remote was about a foot away from the box.  After unplugging the X5 for about a minute and a half and plugging it back in, it powered on and respnded to the remote.  This morning after powering the X5 on, I am again unable to navigate the home screen.  I unplugged the X5 twice, the second for several minutes.  I've done manual pairing, factory reset and removed and replaced the batteries.   The first two times I powered the X5 on this morning, all apps was highlighted, instead of live tv as it has always been.  The third time live tv was highlighted and I was able to navigate to the first app icon on the bottom row, but no farther.  The fourth time the first app icon on the bottom row was highlighted and I was not able to navigate away from it.  The last 2 times live tv was highlighted on powering on.  I am unable to navigate from there.  I have had the unit seven weeks.  After powering on, I have always had to press the down or up button several times before the X5 started responding.  

The next time this happens

Try this

Unplug the HDMI and plug it back in. And see if everything works again after doing that. 

My experience with this X5 box since I bought it July 5th has been nothing short of a nightmare when it comes to the native player!  First I can't change channel being recorded.  Told 20220822 update would fix the issue - it didn't.  Couldn't record at all.  Have been working with various techs for about 6 months now - do this, do that.  Finally, on Tuesday, they downloaded this update for me to install.  Big mistake - not only did no recording issue remain but now Live TV froze constantly or, when it did play, the picture was jittery - totally unwatchable!

US tech support had me go to Canadian office to try & fix or replace box.  They flashed old box to 20220811 firmware (which I was never offered - just 20220714 & 20220822(26?).   No change, same issues.  Tech flashed a new box - success!  Could record multiple programs & freezing/jittery picture was ALMOST eliminated.

Yesterday,  turn the box on & this update was waiting for me.  No way Jose - wasn't taking the chance on same/different issues after all I've been through!  Set up my new box & it performed very well.

Bottom line...I'm not updating till I need to.  I recommend everyone do the same thing.  I believe my first box was a lemon 🍋 so maybe updating would be fine but too hesitant at the moment.

Kudos to tech support who stuck with it.  Extra thanks to James & Justin in Canadian office for their help - & replacing the box when I asked.

Sorry for long post - but I've not only outlined the trials & tribulations I faced but the superior customer service that didn't leave me blowing in the wind (albeit taking more time then I would have liked - should have just replaced the box about a month ago). Yes, they put out regular updates but sometimes it introduces issues that weren't there previously - ergo, my warning not to rush to update till you check how it goes for others (as you can see, some people are facing issues after updating)

Thanks for letting me vent & share my experiences.   Hopefully, the new box continues to perform as it should (& is finally doing so)

Regards.

P.S.  I don't need or want any snarky replies from certain people who know who they are.  TIA!

• Haha 1