Audio and Screen

Johnny

Hi I have a Buzz XRS 4500 and there has been a issue where on some channels when ever the audio is set to  English, 5.1 Surround Sound the screen just goes blank and says “Unknown Stream Error” but when I disable the audio, the screen and pictures comes on but then I have no audio. So can anybody help or have any idea on how to fix this issue.

Edited by Johnny
Fixing the grammar

What version of BuzzTV are you using ?  

Hit the menu button when in LiveTV, and it should be shown at the bottom of the menu.

But often switch LiveTV player will help.  I find some services work better with Primary player, others backup player (or default/secondary - depending on version of BuzzTV you are running).

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

I am using the Version 5.0.767 it is the most latest beta update.  When I use the other video player the channels buffer a lot so it is literally impossible to watch with it.

you can try a different stream format when you get that message

most services use ts though

Also, if you have TS (Timeshift) enabled, try to disable it and see if it makes a difference.   I found that on most streams it is fine, but on some streams it does do some strange things. Disabling Timeshift seems to correct strange "cannot decode" type errors on those streams.   I am still testing it to try to find a pattern.

55 minutes ago, Emporium said:

Also, if you have TS (Timeshift) enabled, try to disable it and see if it makes a difference.   I found that on most streams it is fine, but on some streams it does do some strange things. Disabling Timeshift seems to correct strange "cannot decode" type errors on those streams.   I am still testing it to try to find a pattern.

I never have timeshift turned on and still get that error message

I wait a bit on that channel and usually it clears up on it's own

11 hours ago, dishuser said:

I never have timeshift turned on and still get that error message

I wait a bit on that channel and usually it clears up on it's own

That it happens on occasion, it does and that is normal (nature of the beast). 

But I have a few streams where I can easily demonstrate that if I just flash back and forth between them, it is perfectly fine when TS is disabled.  If I enable TS, then I consistently get the error messages (in most cases it eventually starts to stream, but can take 4 or 6 seconds).  So obviously TS is causing some glitches on certain types of streams.  Still trying different permutations/streams to narrow it down.