**NEW BUZZ 5 APP UPDATE FOR BETA USERS** VERSION 5.0.766 - Sept 14th, 2022

allaboutbuzz

V5.0.783 auto loaded onto the 4900 and message was seen onscreen 🙂

Was hoping to see the EPG URL working with the m3u Server option.

Some time ago i had asked about it when I had the 4000 & 4500 models. It was fixed on the 4500 I believe, but I do not remeber which model (4000 or 4500 and I no longer have the devices to check again).

The 4900, nor the X5 have it working correctly.

This is the option to add a URL for a 3rd party EPG.

We can add the Server URL fine the EPG URL fine too,  but while viewing LiveTV the EPG never populates. 

The m3u Server option 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whacked said:

V5.0.783 auto loaded onto the 4900 and message was seen onscreen 🙂

Was hoping to see the EPG URL working with the m3u Server option.

Some time ago i had asked about it when I had the 4000 & 4500 models. It was fixed on the 4500 I believe, but I do not remeber which model (4000 or 4500 and I no longer have the devices to check again).

The 4900, nor the X5 have it working correctly.

This is the option to add a URL for a 3rd party EPG.

We can add the Server URL fine the EPG URL fine too,  but while viewing LiveTV the EPG never populates. 

The m3u Server option 

Since when do EPG urls not work for M3U on the Buzz app? 

it's never worked on the 4900 or the X5

The EPG source is good  and works on other devices. I have tried the same EPG URL on another device does populate , but it does not populate on the 4900 or the X5

I did have it working on the 4000 some time ago, and just recently I saw a post in which the poster said it was working on the 4000 but has stopped working since a few weeks now.

10 minutes ago, whacked said:

it's never worked on the 4900 or the X5

The EPG source is good  and works on other devices. I have tried the same EPG URL on another device does populate , but it does not populate on the 4900 or the X5

I did have it working on the 4000 some time ago, and just recently I saw a post in which the poster said it was working on the 4000 but has stopped working since a few weeks now.

I think there is something I am missing here
So maybe if you could PM me about this

Thanks

I've used M3U and EPG URL on many occasions and on 3 or 4 different servers (on many different boxes).  Even have an M3U list that I maintain for some streams, and using a "public" EPG list, works quite well for the few channels I have tagged properly in my M3U to match the EPG list.  So it does work.

You sure your EPG URL is formatted correctly for your server ?

example:
http://yourserver.xyz/xmltv.php?username=XXXXX&password=XXXXXX&type=m3u_plus

The only thing I don't know is if Buzz (on M3U) supports the embedded xml tags to define EPG sources using the 

#EXTM3U url-tvg="" or x-tvg-url="" tags.

And if so, does it support only uncompressed xml files or does it also support xml.gz (gzipped) format versions ?

Thnx Emporium

This is not a server EPG URL that I use with m3u portal.

It is from a 3rd party source (acidjesuz). He supplies a working EPG since  a few years now.

There is also an EPG URL supplied by the server but I don't use that one, unless I use XC API or MAC connections in which case the server's EPG is automatically used..

With the m3u connection method, I use acid's EPG and that way I can get a more reliable EPG then what my server supplies.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/acidjesuz/epg/master/guide.xml

Edited by whacked

Have you confirmed that the tvg-id/tvg-name tags used on your server M3U for each channel, match exactly as in the acidjesuz povided xml file ?    If provider changed their EPG provider and then changed their ID tags at one point, this could have an impact that there would be no matching EPG tags.

Edited by Emporium

I had acid's EPG working on other devices in the past but I no longer have those devices . They included a dreamlink T3 .. buzztv 4000.

The T3 always worked with this EPG URL

The 4000 at first did not work with the acid EPG URL, till Buzz team did something and that fixed the issue. That was over a year ago I think.

I no longer have the T3 or the 4000 devices, so I can't check the EPG with those.

The devices I have now either do not have the epg xml option or have it but  it is not working.

I just tried on the EZ Media Player as that device does have the option, but acid's EPG does not work there either, and if memory serves me, it did not work in the past either with acid's xml EPG.

Acid himself uses this EPG URL (but on some other android device), and he is always updating the community on it's status and last word was it is  working fine. I have private contact with him as well and he has not told me otherwise. But I sent out a request for anyone that is using the this EPG and the same server if they could confirm one way or another on any device.

Any way, I am waiting for any replies  currently. Have not messaged allaboutbuzz yet, till I get conformation.   

I am somewhat overtired too, it's been a long night at work and a longer morning :eek:

While I am waiting I will be testing the server EPG URL on the 4900.

Will see what that says 🙂

An EPG url does not "magically" work 🙂 

There are tags in the M3U which match up with channel-id tags in the EPG xml to know what channel lines up with what part of the EPG.  So if the tags from your specific provider do not match up with the tags in his EPG XML, then you will get nothing, even though your box has downloaded the whole EPG.

I maintain my own M3U list for some international streams for family, and when I change EPG provider, I often have to go through my whole M3U file and change/associate the tags in the M3U with the corresponding channel-id in the EPG file.   So you may have been lucky that your provider was using the same EPG source as acidjesuz at the time (so the tags matched).  Your IPTV provider may now use a completely different provider and the tags may no longer match.

You could download a copy of your M3U file from your provider and then download a copy of the EPG xml file and compare the  tvg-id/tvg-name tags in your M3U file and search through your EPG file to see if they exist/have a corresponding match.

Example: in the EPG file you posted above, SYFY channel uses a channel id of "I122.11097.schedulesdirect.org" in the EPG XML file.   If your provider does NOT use that as the tvg-id/tvg-name for the SyFy channel in the M3U file, there will never be a direct match.   And considering how specific that channel-id is (that it includes the epg source name) unless your IPTV provider uses the exact same source.  I've seen other EPG sources use channel-id for this channel like just "syfy", "syfy.us" "us.syfy" "us-syfy" etc...  You get the picture.  So if M3U uses one name, and XML uses another, the box is just wasting time and bandwidth to download the XML file which it can never match any entries to anything.

As soon as you use 2 different sources for M3U and EPG, you make many assumptions that they will have matching tags, and that those tags will not change internally.  And since you do not "control" one or the other, it is hard to guarantee a match.  Have you tried using your M3U/IPTV providers EPG to see if that works ?  Odds are better that their EPG would have mostly matching tags with their M3U file 🙂

PS: have you tried loading up something like Smarters IPTV app to see if that will work with your M3U/EPG combo ?

• Like 1

yes,  I am fairly familiar on how it all works 🙂

I have never  maintained an EPG myself, but acid's EPG is designed and maintained  for the m3u playlist I have been referring to.

I know some tags may not match with Acid's EPG and the server's EPG, but there would be very few of those, if any. Acid maintains his EPG daily. If he has trouble he will report it. Last time there was an issue it was something to do with  SD-JSON images requiring  tokens, Effective 2022-10-01

quote from acid... 'As of this moment mc2xml (software I use for EPG) is not working, the whole site is down, linux and windows version of the software are not working, I have no idea if it's due to SD changes or some other issues. I'll keep an eye on it, but for now I won't be able to pull the EPG, I've been on it since yesterday and I'm still at it. Looking for alternatives.'

Since then he has reported back and had successful pushed a new update to github and all was working fine again as reported by him. 

I can be almost sure that the issue is not with acid's EPG. In fact I sponsor him with new devices from time to time over the past 5 or 6 years, on behalf of the community and is partly why he devotes his work to our specific  playlist channels. His last new device was a BuzzTV X5 and he also reported to me that he could not get his own EPG working on that X5 device. But does have it working on another un-named device.

Sorry about all these posts on your Update thread allaboutbuzz.  Perhaps they could be moved into a separate thread ?

update: I did get the Server's EPG URL working thru m3u playlist Portal option.

But no luck with acid's and still waiting on any confirmation one way or another.

on my 4900 when I used below I got no epg

http://xxxxxxxx:xx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

but when I deleted _plus@output=ts

http://xxxxxxxx:xx/get.php?username=xxxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx&type=m3u

I got epg.

I dont know removing that portion helps or not if epg coming from server or acids url.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

I did as you outlined Ryu and indeed now acid's EPG does populate.

I also deleted all other active portals on this box with only  the one playlist portal with Acid's EPG remaining, so not to mistake what I am seeing as another portal.

It works !!

Good job Ryu !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this may have all been part of a service issue and apologies in that case. But it seemed to me that this was once fixed internally by  buzz team back when i had the XR4000 a year ago or so. 

So I figured Buzz could again address this for us.

Even now with it working as Ryu pointed out, we are missing certain options when we remove the URL suffix, like category sorting or any categories at all. Channel logos missing too.

i wonder if this could be looked at thru Buzz team , just a peak 🙂

thnx for considering 🙂

Edited by whacked
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ryu said:

after new update server button does not launch server settings for home page but works fine if buzztv app is open on Buzztv 4900. some servers not loading or lagging and 1 is working fine without any issue XC API.

Update has been pulled

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ryu said:

after new update server button does not launch server settings for home page but works fine if buzztv app is open on Buzztv 4900. some servers not loading or lagging and 1 is working fine without any issue XC API.

You mean pressing server button on the remote won't open server settings if apps not open? 

New Update
Nov 10th, 2022

Version 5.0.786

- Fixed Cannot Load Portal - Rate must be positive error on MAC Servers.

Sent to all users that took Version 5.0.785 for now

You can get the update by opening server settings and it will download + install in the background.
Or when in Server Settings, Press Menu>Settings>Check Update.

• Like 2