frozen modern screen

robert C

On the 4900, I found that the BT200 is a great remote, but a little bit power hungry if you have the backlight on.  I was changing batteries quite often when I had backlight on all the time.  I have since turned it off, and batteries last for ages.

Even recently (about 2 weeks ago), my batteries were really low (didn't know it at the time), and I was in the dark, so turned on the backlight to check something, and I was stuck.. 🙂  Pressing any button after that would trigger the backlight, but then it would flash off, since batteries were too low, and could not even change volume. Worst part, is that because batteries were low, I could not even disable the backlight (you press and hold the blue button, and backlight comes on, but since there is not enough juice, about a second later the remote turns off before toggling the backlight to off - catch 22).

Swapped out batteries, disabled the backlight, and as a test I put back the original batteries, and they are still working 2 weeks later.

So if you don't NEED the backlight on, turn it off.  I rarely need it any more, since I am so used to the layout.

Edited by Emporium