XBOX app installed but wont log in

Hhh

37 minutes ago, Hhh said:

I dont believe we understand the issue. We do not know if this is a buzz4 or buzz 5 specific issue yet. That has not been narrowed down to yet.

But thanks for helping out.

No we haven't narrowed that down , but considering there have been literally 100s of updates since the release you are running, no one will be spending time to try to debug something unless you at least have the latest version (which are the moment is 5.0.765, updated yesterday).

But I installed the xbox app also, and I can tell you that the app is NOT properly designed my Microsloth to work with a TV  remote (I know of many apps like this).  They give very little love to any non-windows devices.  I can scroll around the various selectable option using the dpad, but hitting OK does nothing.  BUT....  If I hit the mouse cursor button on the remote, then put the mouse cursor onto the option I want to select and press the OK button (which when in mouse cursor mode - acts like a left mouse click), it works.  Buzz cannot fix the issues of poor developers who do not consider the various platforms.

I also tested it, but using a regular USB mouse from a PC and had no issues with the mouse to select and left click what I needed.

The app is designed for use on Android phones, and Tablets, which would have standard touch input in most cases, so they probably did not even consider a TV remote as input.   Considering that, I would be very cautious in pursing the use of these half-@ssed apps. 

Also, not sure what type of gaming experience you are expecting.  Trying to run games on a $150 device designed primarily for video streaming, that were designed to run on a $500 game console with dedicated gaming graphics hardware.  GPU power is not even remotely comparable.  And don't forget the general purpose CPU on these boxes, vs the very purpose specific ones used on gaming consoles.  Keep your expectations in check.

2 days ago, I asked if you can use a regular PC mouse to see if that works any better in the app for you.  Did you try it ?

xrs4500sept2022.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hhh said:

I dont believe we understand the issue. We do not know if this is a buzz4 or buzz 5 specific issue yet. That has not been narrowed down to yet.

But thanks for helping out.

well I use buzztv 5 on my xrs 4500 and I was able to use remote and get into other screens as I posted earlier

couldn't download and play a game though with no account

I have an update.  and I have to agree with Emporiums response above. Buzz firmware does not know how to handshake with Microsoft products or apps.

I agree with this last post. Thanks for taking the time to let us know the issues you have faced that sound similar. I ordered controllers and  hooked them to my buzz box and I was able to select and get everything in the Xbox 360 app to work.  That indeed was a buzz remote OK problem when used with the XBox app.

Thanks and the issue is now resolved.

Very simple question and here is the simple answer - if Buzz supports a 3rd party app - the least expected from Buzz is that the buzz remote OK button works with the apps currently supported 🙂

If that involves a handshake fix from the 3rd party app - then that needs to happen as well.  

1 minute ago, Hhh said:

Very simple question and here is the simple answer - if Buzz supports a 3rd party app - the least expected from Buzz is that the buzz remote OK button works with the apps currently supported 🙂

If that involves a handshake fix from the 3rd party app - then that needs to happen as well.  

I posted that ok button worked when using mouse on game pass

so it's fixed

and now instead of game pass you're saying 360

do you even know what app you're using?

It is NOT up to buzz to correct poor coding on the Microsoft app.   Why can other apps do it right ?

Microsoft has NO clue how to code for Android.  This was probably some coop students summer project, and was released with all the bugs it includes and I'd be surprised if they ever even release an update (maybe next summer when a new coop continues the project).  Has nothing to do with Buzz.  It is Microsoft who needs to understand the various flavours of Android (phones, tablets, tv boxes, and even Native AndroidTV boxes), with various input options (touch, remotes, mouse/keyboard, pens, etc..), and code for all varieties.

IPTV Smarters is an example of one app that started life without taking that into account.  Was geared for touch only and half the options were not accessible by basic remote initially.  Now, many revisions later, it has come a long way.  Not my favorite UI, but it now at least works as expected regardless if you have it on your phone, tablet or TV box.

Glad your issue is "resolved", but this was NOT a buzz issue.  

• Like 2

I understand this better now.  Pardon my ignorance. I just assumed if the app works on android phones - then for any android OS -  it should work. Clearly there are other permutations to handle as well.

Again appreciate the help from everyone.

PS - it was the Game Pass app, the 360 was a typo.

• Like 1