XRS4900 Firmware Update

BUZZ_GUY

Could someone please send me the latest beta firmware update? 

I am not providing my mac address on the internet.

It does not appear that BUZZ TV likes to send over the air updates to their customers. It only appears that they want you to provide the mac directly too them when they should be applied to all their boxes.

So, someone please send me the latest firmware update as I am on 5.0.653.

I believe the latest update is 5.0.759.

Thank you;)

Edited by BUZZ_GUY

lol

you are sending your Mac address to Buzz not anybody else. however, your Mac address is not hidden from many people over net 😁

btw, when you first setup your box and while setting up did it download anything over the net? 

3 minutes ago, dishuser said:

and how is the box going to get hacked by providing the app mac?😂

thats actually good question. I never thought about it lol. you see me farmer know nothing but here got another added to my post count 😅

You need to give it your MAC to your service provider to activate your box on their server anyhow (assuming MAC sub).

This is the same.  You need to give your MAC to Buzz, for them to add you to a list of boxes that agree to take a beta software (with the understanding that they Install and use at their own risk and Software cannot be rolled back after installation).

But some people don't get it and are masters at conspiracy theories 🙃

Don't want to provide MAC to the company that makes them, then just wait for next public release.

Only reason you even have 5.0.653, is because it is probably the version that is include in V20220106 which is posted in the file section here.  The file section is not intended for providing latest beta copies. it is just a service to help anyone who may have had a glitched update/brick of device and needs to reload something that works.  And if you are on update OTA list, after loading that file, you would get the latest version pushed anyhow.  If you are not on the beta list, then you get stuck at the version included in that file, until next public release. Simple.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, BUZZ_GUY said:

Well, tooda loo....

I am asking for it!

Someone, please pm me with the latest beta?

You have PM me before
And we asked for your serial # instead of MAC

I got no reply when I asked that question

I don't understand what the issue is with providing the MAC or Serial #

We only use it to identify the box on our side, so we can send it an OTA.
We do the same thing for Public OTAs, its just a much bigger group is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I am not providing any of my personal internet addresses on a public forum except for an email address. However, I can tell you that the provider can have access to your receiver as they load content onto it. Another thing, Google also has access to your box. Plus, we all know the internet is worldwide and anything you put onto the world wide web is available. 

Edited by BUZZ_GUY
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, BUZZ_GUY said:

Well, I am not providing any of my personal internet addresses on a public forum except for an email address. However, I can tell you that the provider can have access to your receiver as they load content onto it. Another thing, Google also has access to your box. Plus, we all know the internet is worldwide and anything you put onto the world wide web is available. 

are you wearing a tinfoil hat?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand the big deal in providing your MAC address to the same people who made that box and are creating software for it. You know they already have your MAC address right? They're just asking you for it to differentiate you from the non-beta boxes to enroll you in the beta program. If they really want to steal your data they wouldn't need your MAC address. All they would need to do is modify the firmware with a backdoor, push that release to all the boxes, and call it a day. You do realize that these android boxes already have telemetry that call home for all sorts of services. Do you have YouTube or any other apps on the box?  If you want to retain data privacy you should throw your android buzz box in the trash can and buy an antenna.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...