Bluetooth Remote fetaute has Issue on standby

Hello,

I have issue with bluetooth remote feature on XR4500 and XRS4500, when I put standby, can not to turn the box back on, have to wait for aprox 2 minutes or sometimes have to unplug and plug in back to restart, so I realaized there is a bug soI unpaird under remote & accessories and stick with the IR mode. Hope in the next update the buzz team will fix the issue.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, Hamid said:

Hello,

I have issue with bluetooth remote feature on XR4500 and XRS4500, when I put standby, can not to turn the box back on, have to wait for aprox 2 minutes or sometimes have to unplug and plug in back to restart, so I realaized there is a bug soI unpaird under remote & accessories and stick with the IR mode. Hope in the next update the buzz team will fix the issue.

I have the same problem. Just got my box yesterday and it takes a while to turn it back on after I've turned it off with the remote. Hopefully it's a software glitch that gets fixed fast.

After 5 mins of not using remote
it goes into sleep mode
Takes one button push to wake it up, and it will reconnect within 3 secs or so then work great after that.
Took me about a day to get used to this myself.
We will probably be changing the sleep mode from 5 mins to 10 mins though via an OTA update.

Just way Bluetooth remotes are, otherwise batteries would die every week.
The remote also works as an IR remote if you un pair it from Bluetooth.

from buzz   late march

MTK gave us the source code for the Bluetooth Low Energy module that is used on the new 4500 Remote this morning
This will allow us to update the Remote Software via a Firmware update on the 4500

This will take some time to decode + build + test though
So will update again once we know more.

Just thought we would update for now.