Amazon prime on xrs 4500 android ver 9

I've gone to Aptoide TV app on all apps and selected the Amazon Prime app to install.   It appears to work, you login and select the show you wish to watch and then when I try and play it Fails?  I believe it's a compatibility issue with regards to either Android or Amazon Prime versions.  But can't seem to figure it out.  Tried a few different versiona on Aptoide Amazon prime version with no luck, same issue.  Any suggestion  I'm running Andoid version 9.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, Offwego said:

I've gone to Aptoide TV app on all apps and selected the Amazon Prime app to install.   It appears to work, you login and select the show you wish to watch and then when I try and play it Fails?  I believe it's a compatibility issue with regards to either Android or Amazon Prime versions.  But can't seem to figure it out.  Tried a few different versiona on Aptoide Amazon prime version with no luck, same issue.  Any suggestion  I'm running Andoid version 9.

Thanks

The version of Amazon Prime from the Play Store will work no problem.

The one from Aptoide I think is locked to only work on Android TV
Looks like someone just ripped it from the Nvidia Shield and uploaded it to Aptoide.

• Thanks 1

One question regarding Amazon Prime on the XRS-4500 box. I should be able to select a 4K show/video from Prime and see it in 4K correct? Of course the TV has to support 4K and mine does. Just want to make sure that there are no such limitations from using the apps from the box etc?

2 hours ago, DeJesus said:

One question regarding Amazon Prime on the XRS-4500 box. I should be able to select a 4K show/video from Prime and see it in 4K correct? Of course the TV has to support 4K and mine does. Just want to make sure that there are no such limitations from using the apps from the box etc?

Amazon Prime Video 4K only works on certified devices
Were not certified for 4K on Amazon Prime Video

So that is why you cannot get it in 4K

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 1:37 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Amazon Prime Video 4K only works on certified devices
Were not certified for 4K on Amazon Prime Video

So that is why you cannot get it in 4K

this is truly disappointing to say the least. I guess I can use the LG TVs built in app. 

10 hours ago, DeJesus said:

this is truly disappointing to say the least. I guess I can use the LG TVs built in app. 

To get those certifications for Amazon and for Netflix the cost of the box will be more higher than u expect so I don't think that u would pay 200+ for it (I wouldn't)

Edited by Nelutz

My opinion is pretty much use official apps just use on devices that designed for it, i.e brands like Nvidia, Amazon, Apple, Smart TVS i.e Lg, Samsung etc where its 4k resolution, no air mouse and official on a TV based OS, not an Android based around Mobile/Tablet. why anyone wants to watch Netflix in 480p using an air mouse is beyond me tbh lol

Example

Hdmi 1 - Buzz TV XRS4000/XRS4500 - main viewing box iptv, vod apps etc
Hdmi 2 - 4k stick (cheap) - official apps etc

Best of both worlds then, unfortunately there is no all in one box lol  

Keep Buzz TV boxes for our main purpose - IPTV, few third party apps, jobs a good un 🙂

But as above Prime works from Google Play, Netflix works but as above is 480p (airmouse) so as users we have the option if we want.

• Like 1