X5 Firmware Update August 11th, 2022

20220811 Firmware Version
5.0.759 Buzz 5 App Version

PLEASE NOTE YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK

PLEASE NOTE IT WILL TAKE UP TO 20 MINUTES TO DOWNLOAD + INSTALL + REBOOT

20220811 Firmware Changes: 

- Fixed a crash when using Ethernet and opening YouTube/Prime apps
- Improved Wifi/BT
- Added New Lock Location Feature to Buzz Utilities/Weather Settings for VPN Users
- Added New Color Button Programming options for Live TV, VOD, TV Series, Server Settings, PVR to Smart Remote App
- Added Color Button Programming options to Buzz Utilities
- Updated YouTube App
- Fixed and Updated TeamViewer Quick Support

5.0.759 Buzz 5 App Version Changes:

- Fixed App Fav Icons disappearing after apps update
- Fixed Decoder Initialization Bug on Live TV, when switching from VOD
- Renamed Secondary Player to Primary Player in Configuration Menu
- Renamed Default Player to Backup Player in Configuration Menu
- Multiple Bug + Crash Fixes
- Multiple MAC + XC Login + M3U Server Bug Fixes
- Optimized and Improved Recording Functions + Features 
- Fixed bugs when adding VOD/TV Series Favorites from Search

Update is only available for X5s running the following versions of Firmware

For those running 20220624, an update will be done soon

Please Leave Feedback Below

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, dishuser said:

scroll to the bottom and choose default theme

Thank you.  The other theme (which is actually the default - not just named Default - since I never manually changed themes) was getting buggy.  Had lost the "heart" icon for when you say thanks on the right side (it was a grey circle).  And today I had noticed the "search" menu dropdown which was pinned to the top.  Everything worked fine before, but sometimes early last week I lost the heart/like icon (figured it was something being blocked by my new firewall rules - so I ignored it - since I had no time to play with them).  And this morning the pinned menu.

changing theme works..

7 hours ago, Opazzno_NooB said:

Please add in the new update when you put a reminder in the program program that would switch when the reminder is on this channel and not a message that your program has started, click OK and switch. Fix 5.1 surround sound still doesn't work! In general, everything is OK!

I would rather having to click ok to switch in case I'm watching something interesting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dishuser said:

I would rather having to click ok to switch in case I'm watching something interesting

Same here.   Happens many times I get reminder, and I just dismiss it since I am already into something else.  It's not hard to just hit "OK" if you want to switch.  At least if you are at the end of something you can hold off for a minute or two before hitting OK to switch.

• Like 2

Did you have the issue yourself??

If not, don't assume - i'd like to hear from someone like 'Emporium' who i believe did have the same issue.

CS/Tech Support were throwing possible solutions against the wall hoping that one would stick - none did - i know, i spent a week/10 days trying to get the issue fixed!

• Haha 1

I haven't checked today, but I don't have the latest firmware, since my X5 has the 20220624 firmware, which will be released shortly for these units. (unless it was done yesterday or today, which I have not checked).

However the issue was fixed pretty quickly on one of the updates that I got on my xrs4900 (actually it was fixed pretty quickly).  I had the same issue on my xrs4900 and one of the older updates fixed it.  I managed to record 4 streams at the same time, while watching one of them with no issues.   I did not test it on the X5 since there was a small glitch with the OTA update.  But if the OTA update is available for your unit, I would recommend to get it, since it does include the latest BuzzTV 5, which will include the fix.

• Like 1