New Update

Dave J

Well, here is the thing I actually finally received an update 5.0.762 without providing my mac address and this was a serious concern too you all. So, I am not sure how I received it now without providing my MAC but it should be rolled out to all users as I know others who have not received the update. .

29 minutes ago, BUZZ_GUY said:

Well, here is the thing I actually finally received an update 5.0.762 without providing my mac address and this was a serious concern too you all. So, I am not sure how I received it now without providing my MAC but it should be rolled out to all users as I know others who have not received the update. .

A complainer by proxy...lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUZZ_GUY said:

Gets what he wants and still finds a way to complain about it..lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BUZZ_GUY said:

Your worries about privacy and all are a moot point.  You checked those in at the door.

Let's see...  You log into this forum to b!tch and whine regularly..  The IP you connect from is logged against your user name.. And your Buzz box, connects to the buzz servers regularly, to see if there is any update available (and for users not on beta list, there is not), and your IP is logged again.  Quick cross reference through the logs on both sides, you can match user, to IP.  And then you can match the MAC request to the IP it came from.  Simple as that.  So you are just forcing people to waste time tracking you down, rather than just providing the MAC to those who support the box.  Didn't ask you to post it publicly (and if you had, it would have been edited and removed).

But instead of saying "thanks", you just complain again.

Edited by Emporium
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone

Wondering if I can get some help. I'm running a buzz 4500xrs with buzz 5 and using two service providers. One was working fine but when I tried switch to the other service a Google voice page comed up. I then completed a hard reset and entered the providers info again.  now is the box states " cannot load portal. Invalid server url. Any ideas. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmor1 said:

Hello everyone

Wondering if I can get some help. I'm running a buzz 4500xrs with buzz 5 and using two service providers. One was working fine but when I tried switch to the other service a Google voice page comed up. I then completed a hard reset and entered the providers info again.  now is the box states " cannot load portal. Invalid server url. Any ideas. 

If you enter the url in your address bar what message do you get?

• Like 2