Issue with setting PVR recordings

Wilmot

Hello, 

I have an XRS 4000 and although I can set the timer to record a program and it shows up in the listing of recorded programs, it doesn't play. (it has /null at the end of the file). 

I can, however, watch the recordings of live programs that were recorded by having selected the record button on the remote. 

I also tried setting the timer to record programs when using  a USB drive as the storage rather than the internal hard drive  but neither did that work. 

I have selected programs to record form the EPG and have also set programs to record manually but none of play even though they're listed within the list of recorded programs. 

Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Thank you to those who replied. 

I just discovered that any recording - whether using the recording button on the remote, whether from the EPG, or whether it's set manually - will not record if it's not on the channel that was selected for the recording. 

Once the channel has been changed, the recording will stop. 

I suspect this has been posted elsewhere on this board so I apologize if this has been an unnecessary posting. 

42 minutes ago, Wilmot said:

Thank you to those who replied. 

I just discovered that any recording - whether using the recording button on the remote, whether from the EPG, or whether it's set manually - will not record if it's not on the channel that was selected for the recording. 

Once the channel has been changed, the recording will stop. 

I suspect this has been posted elsewhere on this board so I apologize if this has been an unnecessary posting. 

If you have been trying to watch another channel, while recording another.

This would explain the reason why you're recordings are coming back "null"

Almost all providers only allow 1 channel to be watched/recorded at the same time.

And as nbs mentioned, their are no boxes that allow you to record tv and watch another channel right now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

If you have been trying to watch another channel, while recording another.

This would explain the reason why you're recordings are coming back "null"

Almost all providers only allow 1 channel to be watched/recorded at the same time.

And as nbs mentioned, their are no boxes that allow you to record tv and watch another channel right now.

Hmmm ,I think I saw few boxes around that they have dual tuner ,I don't want to give names 🙂 ,but are more expensive and I don't know how reliable they are

• Thanks 1