Buzz tv XRS 4500

9 hours ago, nbs. said:

What does it say in your cache?  Well, Currently says: Cached Data: 92 MB when click to clear the cached data and click the "ok" button returns to the cached data info showing the same 92 MB of data. tried clearing the cache on every single apk without success. I can live with it but sometimes cached data causes problems so, i would like to find the way to clear it. thanks for asking.

I just did factory reset because it did not turn on using the remote control so I 've had to unplug & plug back the power cord  to turn it back on. After factory reset, It is responding to the remote commands but no improvement clearing caché. Contacted Buzz tech. team and I am waiting for their reply. 

Edited by Lionel59

12 hours ago, Lionel59 said:

I just did factory reset because it did not turn on using the remote control so I 've had to unplug & plug back the power cord  to turn it back on. After factory reset, It is responding to the remote commands but no improvement clearing caché. Contacted Buzz tech. team and I am waiting for their reply. 

You mentioned in a previous post
That cached data causes issues

Have you experienced any so far?

I've been using Android Phones for many years now, and have never cleared cache on any of the apps I've used.
Never really experienced any issues so far.

This might have been an issue on early versions on Android (4.4, 5.1, 6.0), but Google improves system performance and how apps run on every new version of the Android OS.
The XRS 4500 is running Android 9, which is a very new version of Android.  So I wouldn't worry about clearing cached data for now.

I

14 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I've been using Android Phones for many years now, and have never cleared cache on any of the apps I've used.

This might have been an issue on early versions on Android (4.4, 5.1, 6.0), but Google improves system performance and how apps run on every new version of the Android OS.
The XRS 4500 is running Android 9, which is a very new version of Android.  So I wouldn't worry about clearing cached data for now.

I haven't had any caché related problems with my new XRS 4500  (have been using it for four days)  But I am kinda concern about the caché data is  being accumulated.  in the past, I had some caché related problems on my old Buzz XPL 3000.  regards.

8 hours ago, Lionel59 said:

I

I haven't had any caché related problems with my new XRS 4500  (have been using it for four days)  But I am kinda concern about the caché data is  being accumulated.  in the past, I had some caché related problems on my old Buzz XPL 3000.  regards.

Ok we understand the concern.

But I don't think it will be an issue on the 4500.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying,    I like this box but the other issue I 've been having is that sometimes the box doesn't turn on with the remote no matter how many times I press the power button it just doesn't turn on unless I unplug the power cord.  factory reset solved  the issue for just a couple days any idea on what to do solve this problem? thanks.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:34 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

On 4/1/2020 at 8:36 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

Ok we understand the concern.

But I don't think it will be an issue on the 4500.

Thanks for replying,    I like this box but the other issue I 've been having is that sometimes the box doesn't turn on with the remote no matter how many times I press the power button it just doesn't turn on unless I unplug the power cord.  factory reset solved  the issue for just a couple days any idea on what to do solve this problem? thanks.

• 3 years later...