Closed captions/sub titles support for live tv & VOD

How to enable closed caption for videos (live tv and VOD)? Most of the content  when viewed outside of Buzz TV app supports the closed caption, but when same video is viewed  through Buzz TV 's IP TV services, it failed to show the captions. 

On 3/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

This is correct

But this will only work if that specific Live TV Channel or VOD has it available

is there any other advance option to change where we can change default media player in buzzTv app  that supports realtime close captioning services ?  i know other products in IPTV permits this option.

13 hours ago, spamham said:

is there any other advance option to change where we can change default media player in buzzTv app  that supports realtime close captioning services ?  i know other products in IPTV permits this option.

Which players offer this?
So we can look into it.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 1:32 AM, spamham said:

How to enable closed caption for videos (live tv and VOD)? Most of the content  when viewed outside of Buzz TV app supports the closed caption, but when same video is viewed  through Buzz TV 's IP TV services, it failed to show the captions. 

On live tv you just press left on the remote which brings up CC options.  In VOD you press the green button. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 9:13 AM, allaboutbuzz said:

Which players offer this?
So we can look into it.

Kodi player works. I noticed that there is an option  to select secondary player; but it failed to ask which player. 

I have seen this working on other OTT/ IPTV Boxes. 

Another option: buzztv's current  player could enable subtitles for VOD by enable integration with https://www.opensubtitles.org/. User can  choose other free subtitles portal too.   If you want, one could enable pointing VOD  to a local folder for subtitles that user can download and keep it ready.  You can see this working  in several players such as VLC. 

On 4/11/2020 at 12:31 AM, spamham said:

Kodi player works. I noticed that there is an option  to select secondary player; but it failed to ask which player. 

I have seen this working on other OTT/ IPTV Boxes. 

Another option: buzztv's current  player could enable subtitles for VOD by enable integration with https://www.opensubtitles.org/. User can  choose other free subtitles portal too.   If you want, one could enable pointing VOD  to a local folder for subtitles that user can download and keep it ready.  You can see this working  in several players such as VLC. 

This is something we will have to look into.

As the Default Player is the main player being used for VOD + TV Series
And the Default Player is actually LibVLC, which is basically VLC Player without the UI 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Closed Caption for TV Series

I have an XRS4000 great box but I am having problems getting subtitles on TV Series. Live TV DISABLED checked and an option beneath shows 1/8448: after checking this option I get closed caption on live TV. Do not get this option for TV Series. 

On 8/26/2020 at 11:01 PM, Seth House said:

Closed Caption for TV Series

I have an XRS4000 great box but I am having problems getting subtitles on TV Series. Live TV DISABLED checked and an option beneath shows 1/8448: after checking this option I get closed caption on live TV. Do not get this option for TV Series. 

Sub titles only work if the server you're using support it. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/28/2020 at 7:20 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Sub titles only work if the server you're using support it. 

No, Not true!! Closed captions is enbedded in every TV program as part of the image! NO server support is needed!! It was working on every channel prior to the latest firmware update!!  But the problem is after BuzzTV released the new firmware update on Dec 19, 2020, Closed Captions stopped working on all channels and the option is always shows as DISABLED!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤😤

17 minutes ago, Elvis said:

No, Not true!! Closed captions is enbedded in every TV program as part of the image! NO server support is needed!! It was working on every channel prior to the latest firmware update!!  But the problem is after BuzzTV released the new firmware update on Dec 19, 2020, Closed Captions stopped working on all channels and the option is always shows as DISABLED!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😤😤😤😤😤😤

Yes were aware

This will be fixed with an Update this month.

And your claim about no server support is needed, is False.
As Closed Captioning has to be supported by the server you're using. In your case, the server you're using supports it.
The update in December just presented a bug for sub titles on the Secondary Player

If you switch to the Default Player, sub titles will work no problem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Some of you are confusing between closed caption ("CC") and Subtitles.  CC are direct translation of vocals into words for the hard of hearing where as subtitles are third party translation from the original movie sound track into the original or another language.  CC are exact words being displayed into caption on the screen for hearing impaired to view.  Subtitles can be speech and/or lyrics that are translated into words to accomodate viewers who cannot understand the original soundtrack. On most IPTV boxes, the green (Option) button only enabled Subtitles, provided it is available, this has nothing to do with closed caption. As for "CC", this can only be activated through the menu settings, there also provided it is listed in the sub menu settings. 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Yes were aware

This will be fixed with an Update this month.

And your claim about no server support is needed, is False.
As Closed Captioning has to be supported by the server you're using. In your case, the server you're using supports it.
The update in December just presented a bug for sub titles on the Secondary Player

If you switch to the Default Player, sub titles will work no problem.

I still have same issue and it's now April/22. You say update to fix this was in Jan/21.  How do I get update that allows me to add CC to VOD and live TV?

7 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I still have same issue and it's now April/22. You say update to fix this was in Jan/21.  How do I get update that allows me to add CC to VOD and live TV?

PM me your MAC
As this was fixed already

And what do you mean by add CC to VOD and Live TV?
CC only works if server provides it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

PM me your MAC
As this was fixed already

And what do you mean by add CC to VOD and Live TV?
CC only works if server provides it.

I want Closed Caption CC) or Subtitles while watching live TV and video on demand (VOD). When I select green button I see "subtitles" says disabled and gives no other option. Can I add the option somehow or do I need to buy a whole new android box?  When I use TV without buzztv box, I have no problem having subtitles. Hoping you can help. 

Just now, Jenna said:

I want Closed Caption CC) or Subtitles while watching live TV and video on demand (VOD). When I select green button I see "subtitles" says disabled and gives no other option. Can I add the option somehow or do I need to buy a whole new android box?  When I use TV without buzztv box, I have no problem having subtitles. Hoping you can help. 

And my apologies but I don't know how to pm you and I don't know what my MAC is? 

8 minutes ago, Jenna said:

It's not a matter of the box. If your server doesn't support subtitles you won't get them