uPDATE CRASH

stevestad

XRS45500 receiving Buzz 5 updates. Help please - This morning update crashed the box. Home screen came on. Then the Buzz5 logo like usual when an update omes thru. Now the 5 logo just keeps flashing on and off , along with and info box that says Buzz box keeps stopping. I can't get past this. Have tried turning off and unplugging, with no change.

I found that when it freezes, before it reloads the pop up widow displays exit the app or wait, which he mentioned in his post. There is enough time to exit the app, and you're left in the home screen. Then you can get into the settings.

Edited by Dave J

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

Had this happen to me once. Before you do the hard reset, go to apps, BuzzTV5, and clear the data and cache. That worked for me. You may have to re-enter your server info; it was a while ago and I don't remember.

Many rhanks, but LOL I did the hard reset before your note. Horrendouse project getting everything set up again. Still not running iptv  - wrong user name password & supp;ier is not answering his phone.

Cheers   Steve

22 minutes ago, stevestad said:

Many rhanks, but LOL I did the hard reset before your note. Horrendouse project getting everything set up again. Still not running iptv  - wrong user name password & supp;ier is not answering his phone.

Cheers   Steve

you should have wrote it down before you reset or did a backup

Yes, hard reset is the avenue of last resort, but sometimes there is no other way out. The 4500 on BuzzTV 5 beta has back up and restore,  and as dishuser suggested using it can save you hours of work (and grief).

Best regards, Dave J.

Edited by Dave J