All Apps screen refresh

Emporium

As I was playing with the HD5,  I noticed one little glitch 🙂

Let's say you are in the "All Apps" screen, then select something like AppInstaller or FileBrowser and install an APK  (or a few).  When you exit APPInstaller or FileBrowser, the "All Apps" screen does not refresh to include any of the new programs that were installed.  If you go back out to the HOME screen and go back into the "All Apps" screen, it is now refreshed and includes the newly installed apps.

The same issue occurs when you are on the All Apps screen, select an installed app, and LONG press to get the context menu ("Add Shortcut & Uninstall").  Then select uninstall.  It will uninstall the program, but when it returns back to the "All Apps" screen, the ICON is still there.  You can click it and it does nothing (obviously, since it was uninstalled).  Go back to Home screen and then back to "All Apps" and ICON is no longer there.

So some sort of refresh is missing when in the "All Apps" screen when you add or remove programs. .

Just in case: HD5, running V20220628

BTW: Just tested on X5 and it is the exact same behavior.

Edited by Emporium
also tested on X5

22 hours ago, Emporium said:

As I was playing with the HD5,  I noticed one little glitch 🙂

Let's say you are in the "All Apps" screen, then select something like AppInstaller or FileBrowser and install an APK  (or a few).  When you exit APPInstaller or FileBrowser, the "All Apps" screen does not refresh to include any of the new programs that were installed.  If you go back out to the HOME screen and go back into the "All Apps" screen, it is now refreshed and includes the newly installed apps.

The same issue occurs when you are on the All Apps screen, select an installed app, and LONG press to get the context menu ("Add Shortcut & Uninstall").  Then select uninstall.  It will uninstall the program, but when it returns back to the "All Apps" screen, the ICON is still there.  You can click it and it does nothing (obviously, since it was uninstalled).  Go back to Home screen and then back to "All Apps" and ICON is no longer there.

So some sort of refresh is missing when in the "All Apps" screen when you add or remove programs. .

Just in case: HD5, running V20220628

BTW: Just tested on X5 and it is the exact same behavior.

Fixed on V745 in Beta

Sent just now to all Beta users on Android 9 Devices 

Thanks for the bug report. 

Hmm.. Just got the update on my 4900.  But I don't see any change.

I uninstalled an App from the "all apps" screen and it updates perfectly (as it did before on the 4900). 

But then I go into "App Installer" from the all apps screen, installed an app from my USB key, and then when I exit App Installer and fall into the "all apps" screen, the app is not there.  Exit back to home, and then back to All apps and it is fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Emporium said:

I uninstalled an App from the "all apps" screen and it updates perfectly (as it did before on the 4900). 

But then I go into "App Installer" from the all apps screen, installed an app from my USB key, and then when I exit App Installer and fall into the "all apps" screen, the app is not there.  Exit back to home, and then back to All apps and it is fine.

Strange as it worked here
Ill try again tomorrow and see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Emporium said:

same

using modern

Edited by dishuser
  • Like 1

OK. Ran a few more tests.

Seem like the refresh issue is ONLY present on the Modern UI (and only when you install.  On Uninstall it is refreshed).   Using Classic, Media Player or Media Player 2, it works as expected.

I did not even consider it could be related to just the modern UI (Thanks @dishuser).

Anyhow, it is nothing urgent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Emporium said:

OK. Ran a few more tests.

Seem like the refresh issue is ONLY present on the Modern UI (and only when you install.  On Uninstall it is refreshed).   Using Classic, Media Player or Media Player 2, it works as expected.

I did not even consider it could be related to just the modern UI (Thanks @dishuser).

Anyhow, it is nothing urgent.

Just sent V5.0.746

Should be fixed now

• Like 2