July 6 - new update

whacked

well maybe not.

Seems I have no control with the RCU

After the update , the TV returned to a LiveTV channel I had on before the update and reboot. But I can not change channel or operate any RCU function now after the update.

So I rebooted again  and now am back on the Home screen but still no RCU function/control.

I can not exit Home screen of do anything at all with the RCU

Have tried other RCUs and same results.

Batteries have been changed. RCU tested on other Buzz device and is working on there

1 hour ago, whacked said:

Fired up the xrs4900 today and a new update installed. 

I must have it set on auto-update as it installed automatically.

Update went well. 

Seems it was just a small one with a couple changes only.

if your mac is in the system for beta updates are forced

Edited by dishuser

Yea, my MAC is in the system.

I unplugged the power for awhile and after powering back up, the RCU worked fine again. 

To be honest I think I had overheated the device as I had a desktop  lamp turned on and the hot bulb was only inches away from the device. The device was pretty hot too. \

I didn't think too smartly when I bent that lamp over the top of the device :eek:

The device is running cool now BUT I have another snag. As soon as I brought up the sidebar menu (EPG), the box is stuck again on that EPG and the RCU is not functioning again.

Going to reboot the power again and check results

rebooted but there seems to be no change

The RCU is still not functioning,  or box is stuck.

Last time I unplugged it for approx 20 minutes. and the RCU functioned fine until I entered that Side-Bar EPG menu

I will try that  20 minute thing again now.

Edited by whacked

the xrs4900 has been unpluged all night. 

Plugged it back in and powered up and it goes thru the motions fine and lands on the 'Modern' Home Screen.

But no RCU function at all. 

So I did the toothpick thing to get into recovery mode and that worked fine too, but there still in no RCU function , so I can not scroll to the Factory Reset option :eek:

In fact now it is stuck  in recovery mode at the main recovery menu screen and no way to exit or do anything else... so I will  unplug it again and see what happens.

The device boots up fine but there is no RCU function at all.

I did get into the LiveTV directly after the update install yesterday, but no RCU function since then and not even with other remotes, which all work fine on other Buzz devices. (checked and rechecked that).

And no RCU function when in the recovery menu..

Update: after the reboot (by disconnecting power), the Bt-400 RCU nor two other Buzz RCUs would work. So I tried the AR-100 RCU and it now works. It did not work before, but does now.

Just finished testing a bunch of RCU functions and this Ar-100 is still functioning fine , while other RCUs are not (re-checked them again to be sure)

Edited by whacked