Backup and Restore

Dave J

No

I never heard from anyone, but to clarify a minor point,  Im interested in a just backup option  of Favorites between different model receivers; because a normal backup works fine as long as it’s the same type or model (ie 4500 to 4500)

But if you upgrade your hardware/box from an older VT-4100 to these newer 4500/4900’s, the old backup image from the 4100 is not recognized by the newer 4500;  thus you lose all your Favorites: VOD, Series and Live channels.

and it doesn’t matter if you login in by MAC or ACAPI, you still lose them when you upgrade your hardware.

Also, I suspect the reason the developers have not included this feature is because your Provider typically will “remap” locals and other Live channels, but they probably do not remap VOD or TV series  VOD;  

so I’m hoping we can get some clarity before I start redoing my Favorites which is over 700 movies and TV series.  This would be an extremely valuable feature moving forward..