PVR not working when the box is off

Sorna

Hi,

The XR4000 PVR seems to be not working when the unit is off. It records while the unit is on and while I watch the channel. Howerve, whey I shedule a recording and keep it off it does not record the video. An entry is clreated in the PVR section with the program title and shedule details. However the file is showing as null.

I am using the lates firmware.

Thanks,

Sorna

17 hours ago, Sorna said:

Hi,

The XR4000 PVR seems to be not working when the unit is off. It records while the unit is on and while I watch the channel. Howerve, whey I shedule a recording and keep it off it does not record the video. An entry is clreated in the PVR section with the program title and shedule details. However the file is showing as null.

Thanks,

Sorna

You cannot record while the box is off

That is why it didn't work for you. 

5 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

You cannot record while the box is off

That is why it didn't work for you. 

I meant sleep (with the buzztv  led red in the box). Doesn't the sheduled recording work  or wakeup the box  when the box in sleep?

On 3/10/2020 at 9:57 PM, Sorna said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Sorna

Hence why they added the 3V battery inside the 4500.  To avoid issue don't turn the box off if you have scheduled recordings

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 10:36 PM, Buzztvguy said:

Hence why they added the 3V battery inside the 4500.  To avoid issue don't turn the box off if you have scheduled recordings

there is a battery in the 4000 too