buzz tv and is there a step by step on how to record

Comtech

1 hour ago, Emporium said:

You sure about that ?   

Even in your post above you stated "with 2 connections you use both while recording the channel you're watching" and this is what I recall when running a few tests back then.

ya I'm sure since I checked before posting

edit time is really low here so I couldn't correct that post

and I just checked again

menu/settings/account info and it shows 1 connection being used

same as in panel

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Terry Knapper said:

If I am recording a show, then decide to start watching it , say, half

way through, would I need at least 2 connections to do this?

TK 

no you just need 1 connection  and make sure TS is enabled and setup properly. 🙂

Edited by Ryu

Hi @TimothyJ

First rule, is we do not mention specific servers in these forums, since we do not promote any particular server.

Not sure this specific server even offers MAC or M3U/XC api login.  If it is the one I think it is, from their FAQ, they say: "No, we do not [support 3rd party apps, like smarters, or anything else]. Our app is built from scratch. We do not support 3rd Party apps. You can use the service with xxxx Streaming app only".  Which means the only option they give you, is to download their app, and use that on an android box.  Which means you would NOT be using the BuzzTV5 app for this service.  You can install the app on the Buzz box and use it, but you will not benefit from any BuzzTV 5 app features.

Typically It all depends if you have a MAC based subscription, or an username/password type subscription.   If you have a MAC type subscription, you need to give your "SERVER ID" [00:1A:79....] to your reseller, and they need to ensure that that is the MAC address associated to your subscription.   In that case, you would need to create a new MAC server, and all you need to do is enter the portal URL you were given by your reseller.

If you have a username/password type, odds are you have an XC api type login, so you would create an XC code server, then enter the portal URL you were given by your reseller, and then the username/password you were given or chose.

Many/most services will offer MAC or XC api type logins.

Edited by Emporium