Buzztv X5

JLH

I just got the buzztv X5 

Hooked it up, works great but

When I try to play a Dolby digital 5.1 or Dolby Atmos or Dolby digital plus movie... the movie plays but I get no sound...those movies play fine using my buzztv 4900

It works with my 4900 xrs... the audio output in the 4900 includes Dolby Atmos with Dolby digital plus, Dolby digital, Dolby digital plus, dts, dts-hd, AAC, Dolby truehd...

As the movie plays with my sound system

Maybe it's just a settings within the X5 but can't seem to find it... when going in display & sound, all I see is s/pdif... I wonder if I'm not looking in proper section to enable some audio output

When playing those movies with my 4900, it shows Dolby digital 5.1 or Dolby Atmos on the receiver

But with the X5, it only says PCM on the receiver 

Thank you

39 minutes ago, JLH said:

I just got the buzztv X5 

When I try to play a Dolby digital 5.1 or Dolby Atmos or Dolby digital plus movie... the movie plays but I get no sound...those movies play fine using my buzztv 4900

It works with my 4900 xrs... the audio output in the 4900 includes Dolby Atmos with Dolby digital plus, Dolby digital, Dolby digital plus, dts, dts-hd, AAC, Dolby truehd...

Maybe it's just a settings within the X5 but can't seem to find it... when going in display & sound, all I see is s/pdif... I wonder if I'm not looking in proper section to enable some audio output

When playing those movies with my 4900, it shows Dolby digital 5.1 or Dolby Atmos on the receiver

Thank you

What app are you using when trying to play these movies? 

2 hours ago, JLH said:

I just got the buzztv X5 

Thank you

Were looking into why this is happening
Will report back more once we have more information

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1