XRS 4500 first impression

So I went to the lunch party and I pick up one to see whats the big update and the difference between the XRS4000 ,the Buzztv team very helpful and very nice and friendly with everyone ๐Ÿ‘, ok now let's start with the exterior of the Box .

-Looks a little bit thicker than the xr4000 ,now on top of the box you see the specification of the box print it on the plastic which is a nice presentation from the buzztv team ๐Ÿ‘

-The usb ports and microSD card now are on the opposite side

- at the back the box the buzz team add it the optical digital connection which is a valuable add on for better audio output๐Ÿ‘ย 

-The best add on is the Remote which now is a Big improvement over the xr4000, is faster has Bluetooth and keypad lightning ๐Ÿ‘(no more slow scrolling or double press to select something)

On the software part is the same like the xr 4000 Iย  didn't see to many changes so far, from my understanding is that buzz team are working on a new update with a lot of changes .

I saw that the wi-fi is a bit better than the xr4000 due to the mimo add on( I have 500mbps plan ,on the xrs4000 speed test I have 180mbs on 5g, with xrs4500 I have 250-300mbps ),the video quality is better ,the EPG loads a little bit faster but that depends on the server too.

Since is a fresh release I runned in to 1-2 small bugs:

-If I install apps from Google Play or web or memory stick I can't see them on the app drawer to see them there I have to reboot the box , another small bug is that the ARQ 100 remote froze randomly and can't be used ,is coming back only if I unplug and plug back the usb dongle.

If I missed something please add it on to this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ ,all in all I like the New XRS 4500 and I think with the new update coming will be one of the Best IPTV boxes on the market.

• Like 1

my first impression was the pic qualityย 

the 3900 is better than the 4000 and the 4500 is even better

ย 

The xrs comes with a bt100 remote which works well

Its a bluetooth ir remote

ย 

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Nelutz said:

So I went to the lunch party and I pick up one to see whats the big update and the difference between the XRS4000 ,the Buzztv team very helpful and very nice and friendly with everyone ๐Ÿ‘, ok now let's start with the exterior of the Box .

-Looks a little bit thicker than the xr4000 ,now on top of the box you see the specification of the box print it on the plastic which is a nice presentation from the buzztv team ๐Ÿ‘

-The usb ports and microSD card now are on the opposite side

- at the back the box the buzz team add it the optical digital connection which is a valuable add on for better audio output๐Ÿ‘ย 

-The best add on is the Remote which now is a Big improvement over the xr4000, is faster has Bluetooth and keypad lightning ๐Ÿ‘(no more slow scrolling or double press to select something)

On the software part is the same like the xr 4000 Iย  didn't see to many changes so far, from my understanding is that buzz team are working on a new update with a lot of changes .

I saw that the wi-fi is a bit better than the xr4000 due to the mimo add on( I have 500mbps plan ,on the xrs4000 speed test I have 180mbs on 5g, with xrs4500 I have 250-300mbps ),the video quality is better ,the EPG loads a little bit faster but that depends on the server too.

Since is a fresh release I runned in to 1-2 small bugs:

-If I install apps from Google Play or web or memory stick I can't see them on the app drawer to see them there I have to reboot the box , another small bug is that the ARQ 100 remote froze randomly and can't be used ,is coming back only if I unplug and plug back the usb dongle.

If I missed something please add it on to this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ ,all in all I like the New XRS 4500 and I think with the new update coming will be one of the Best IPTV boxes on the market.

Thanks for feedback

The app drawer issue will be fixed in the next update.ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4500 Impressions & Noted Issues To Date :

S905X3 seems to run smoother on added .apks, Buzztv4 has some issues related to the G31 mating. When running at 650mhz @ 28nm HPM there is โ€˜ audio skipping โ€˜ on high end IPTV servers.ย  Very notable on 2048 streams combined with running MOL2.ย  Yamaha RX-A3080 keeps messaging on screen

โ€œ sound signal loss โ€œ meaning the STB is not keeping steady audio.ย  Tried on multiple servers using UHD and same results. ย The 4000 does not have this issue.ย  ย Another notice was the USB 3 port having issues with new SSD USB chassis and when trying to use PLEX it wont load up the Blu-Ray media.ย  Heat issues have been reduced significantly so thatโ€™s a big plus.ย  Would have liked to have seen this unit with DRM to be able to use 4K conglomerate streaming services like the Disney+ and 4k Netflix and of course YouTube. The BT lighted remote is great, can easily turn off the lights and enjoy navigating now.

The Optical output is great addition for those running standard soundbars and older AV receivers.

64Gb internal is nice too, the average end user now has a bit of space to record without adding storage.

Iโ€™m sure the engineering staff will fix the small issues as they are reported by educated testers.ย  AML S905X3 seems to be the norm for the 1st quarter of 2020 until the S922XS and variants can be perfected.

The internal 3v battery is nice too for memorical standby in using PVR and on demand awake.ย  Maybe consider the XAPK patch that the competition is using for those non DRM units to achieve the 4K Disney+ and stuff.ย  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I guess I'll have to add that it is indeed sad that DRM was not utilized in this unit.ย  Nowadays everyone wants 4K UHD.ย  Since very few IPTV servers have it and pretty much none of the free movie sites have it, that leaves the paid services which this box is unable to achieve.ย  Loading up 4K content via USB or other means doesnt require an expensive unit.ย  So why not release the 'latest greatest' type units like other majors are doing if you're going to have a $150-200 media player.ย  So I find myself using it for IPTV ease and new movies in 1080 from quality Torrent sites.ย  When new series via Netflix or Prime or YouTube or Apple+ are to be watched the box gets switched off and another device utilized.ย  adding Widevine L1 - DRM would have cost another $5-6 USD per unit and a license fee.ย  Hmmmm

Edited by Buzztvguy
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Buzztvguy said:

I guess I'll have to add that it is indeed sad that DRM was not utilized in this unit.ย  Nowadays everyone wants 4K UHD.ย  Since very few IPTV servers have it and pretty much none of the free movie sites have it, that leaves the paid services which this box is unable to achieve.ย  Loading up 4K content via USB or other means doesnt require an expensive unit.ย  So why not release the 'latest greatest' type units like other majors are doing if you're going to have a $150-200 media player.ย  So I find myself using it for IPTV ease and new movies in 1080 from quality Torrent sites.ย  When new series via Netflix or Prime or YouTube or Apple+ are to be watched the box gets switched off and another device utilized.ย  adding Widevine L1 - DRM would have cost another $5-6 USD per unit and a license fee.ย  Hmmmm

Even if you have Widevine L1 DRM on an STB

Doesn't automatically give you instant 4K for Netflix + Prime + Apple+ etc...

Apps like these, require the device to get certified directly with the app creator.
Netflix won't approve an AOSP STB for 4K or even their TV App at all

ย 

If we used Android TV, Netflix wants 1 Million+ devices to be sold per year over a 3 year period
We have sat in meetings with Netflix about this.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tested a few servers which claim they have 4K VODs and they do play on my Android S20+ using STBemu. But those supposedly 4K VODs (mostly movies) do not play on my MAG256 but other 1080p movies do. Is it safe to assume that XRS4500 will play 4K VODs without any issues?

14 hours ago, buzztoday said:

I have tested a few servers which claim they have 4K VODs and they do play on my Android S20+ using STBemu. But those supposedly 4K VODs (mostly movies) do not play on my MAG256 but other 1080p movies do. Is it safe to assume that XRS4500 will play 4K VODs without any issues?

Yes they should as XRS 4500 supports 4K/60

ย 

The MAG 256 doesn't support 4K, so this would explain why it doesn't work.