VOD & TV-Series Inoperative

tvlarry

1 hour ago, Novaman said:

Hi i just got my X5, Can someone please tell me why the wifi keeps disconnecting 

I don't understand why ,I rebooted the box and works for 15 to 30 minutes then the wifi disconnect. 

Can someone please help me out 

I can't the router is in the basement 

I have a buzztv 3000 and I have no problem with the wifi can't understand why this new X5 is giving me issues 

start your own thread instead of making a mess of this one

Edited by dishuser

Bug Found in this situation.

My issues were two fold. The prior model Box 4500, I tried in Florida using an ISP provider Modem/Router resulted in no VOD or TV Series streaming from any URL mp4 access supplied by the paid server.

That box was brought to another state, tried on another ISP using an ISP Modem and my Netgear Router, same issue as above. This 4500 was firmware updated by the automatic search function within the box. I returned it because it failed to work in two different states on two different ISPs and firmware was updated within the hardware by a search feature built in.

Dreamlinks in both states worked fine with VOD, indicating no issue with the ISP or box settings.

Next I purchased the XRS4900, configured it, connected it to my own Netgear Router, and again no VOD or TV-Series streaming. Then my voyage began by asking for help in two forums. People in both forums tried to help with no results.  I then went to Buzz Forum for the support, opened a service ticket, discussed the issue with their team member and was told that the firmware version I was using was not the most current even though the automatic update search function within the box said it was up to date.  Then I also tried to locate any Beta version by entering a code after allowing the box to search, no Beta available it said. I was then told that my issue should be resolved by listing the box mac address with them to get another update, indicating there were others having VOD issues also. The mac address of the box had to be given to Buzz in order to receive the latest update. Within minutes I received the update. This new update did not resolve the issue at hand. This was because I also had a Router issue when using only this Buzz Box.

I took the box loaded with the forced update to a neighbors house, it worked on VOD indicating now I had another issue. Since I was using my own router connected to the ISP Modem I was able to isolate the issue by disconnecting my Router, connected the Buzz4900 directly to the Modem, the VOD was restored, indicating a Router issue. Keep in mind this same router was allowing access to all VOD streams for all 3 Dreamlink T3 boxes. This led me to the fourth Forum, Netgear.

An engineer directed me to stop the QoS "Quality of Service" program running within the Netgear Router. VOD was restored, indicating a conflict only between the 4900 Buzz unit and my router.

Most of the Nighthawk series Netgear routers use a QoS program to allow bandwidth allocation to internet Game routes. I had no settings or activated game routes in this mode. None.

They are still working on a solution to allow QoS feature on, but for now I leave it off and the Buzz4900 is working on VOD & TV-Series.

My concerns are these new boxes are not coming with pre-loaded with up to date Firmware. Then when you tell the box to check for updates, and none are found, you would assume everything is ok.  Or, you receive an update and you think its up to date.

It is not! Buzz has created havic for purchasers that need to know if their box is running the latest version. I even went to their site and downloaded from their current Support the latest version on line and manually installed it with a jump drive as a test. That update 5.0.653 was not even available as an automatic searched download from within the box app. Then after registration of the mac address to Buzz I received version 5.0.727 which later updated on its own to 5.0.729. This whole scenario is a problem, this company does not have all their mac addresses on file to send automatic updates.

May I suggest to all Moderators who handle complaints within their Forums > Have everyone send a message to Buzz informing them of the mac address, and to add it to their pool, so that automatic updates can be received correctly. Just because they receive an update, that does not mean its the latest, I have proven that. This will prevent any complications down the road.

I saw you ranting and raving once again how this is buzztv's fault

one more time for the slow people

that is last public update

everything after is beta

and you have to request to get beta

this is posted on many sites besides this one

hookid on foniks werked fer me and it can for you too

• Like 1