Xrs4000 video players

Bigjoe

Video players dont solve solve freezing issues UNLESS the  streaming codec isn't supported which is rare.  To answer your question, you can download video players on your box but cannot replace or add to the LIVE players on buzztv app. video players are embedded into the application to optimum performance.

To troubleshoot freezing start with wifi vs lan. try speed test on your box (fast.com). if your speed is good then try other channels, if some channels freeze and others don't freeze that tells you the issue is on your provider side.

• Like 1

and what if the same service is run on the xr and then on a different box and the xr keeps freeing?

I thought they added a 3rd player long time ago to the 3000.

I know my other box seams to have a better player and I never get the freezing. today I just had to clear the cache on my box hitting home 3 times.

never have to on the other branded box.

wish they could add more cache memory to the buzz app.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

and what if the same service is run on the xr and then on a different box and the xr keeps freeing?

I thought they added a 3rd player long time ago to the 3000.

I know my other box seams to have a better player and I never get the freezing. today I just had to clear the cache on my box hitting home 3 times.

never have to on the other branded box.

wish they could add more cache memory to the buzz app.

I have 4 different servers and i have no issues with any of them from the buzz player

It might just need some coding tweaks

\hitting home does not clear cache ,it clears memory

20 hours ago, Shoma said:

I have xrs4000 with the latest beta and I do see freezing when using buzz players. If I use tivi mate, no freezing. 
Since I used the same provider/channels, it does seem like a problem with the Buzz players. 

If your experiencing problems with beta firmware please post in the beta section https://stbtalk.com/index.php?/forum/44-beta-testers/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shoma said:

Also, I uninstalled It but could not see any difference. 

Were up to Version 4.0.424 now on internal betas.

We updated the Player Versions plus increased the cache buffer on the Default player in Version 4.0.421

When you say freezing though, you mean the channels are freezing with the loading circle?
We haven't heard this from feedback recently
PM me though, we can discuss it further there.

On 2/21/2020 at 8:14 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Were up to Version 4.0.424 now on internal betas.

We updated the Player Versions plus increased the cache buffer on the Default player in Version 4.0.421

When you say freezing though, you mean the channels are freezing with the loading circle?
We haven't heard this from feedback recently
PM me though, we can discuss it further there.

When will be released for the beta testers?I'm on the beta but no updates for me from 4.0.404??