TeamViewer

coco02020

from buzz

Teamviewer changed things since Android 8

They require the OEM/Manufacturer to pay them yearly to allow Remote Control Access to work
or
The person trying to do the remote access is using a Paid Teamviewer account.

Buzz had a meeting with Teamviewer this week though, trying to work out a deal to make Remote Access work on their new models.
Will update everyone once it is added + working.
It will require an OTA update to make it work.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi!  I hope you are all keeping healthy!!  I am just following up to my post of February 3, 2020 regarding quick support not working on  the new buzz models  Any update???    I sell buzz and I pay for team viewer, but I am not able to provide proper support to my customers  Any update you may have in this matter would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you!! : ) 

Hi. I have had a few people try and its still not working. We can only see what our customers are looking at when their box is on and at this point we still have to guide them and watch them do the work. It will not allow us to do anything at our end. Still the same as before. 

6 minutes ago, coco02020 said:

Hi. I have had a few people try and its still not working. We can only see what our customers are looking at when their box is on and at this point we still have to guide them and watch them do the work. It will not allow us to do anything at our end. Still the same as before. 

On a xr 4000   ?

Also my host is on my pc it's not an android app. That's the part I'm paying for to quick support. I tried installing the same quick support app I used on the xpl3000 on the 4000 series and it did not allow me to remote access properly. Please advise what you were told should be used for the 4000 series. The current app you have in the 4000 series is not correct because it is a host app only. One of the things customers loved about the xpl3000 is  if you did a factory reset, quick support would still be there once the box rebooted. That would be so awesome if 4000 series could do the same.  Thank you for looking in to this. It is very much appreciated. 

16 hours ago, coco02020 said:

Also my host is on my pc it's not an android app. That's the part I'm paying for to quick support. I tried installing the same quick support app I used on the xpl3000 on the 4000 series and it did not allow me to remote access properly. Please advise what you were told should be used for the 4000 series. The current app you have in the 4000 series is not correct because it is a host app only. One of the things customers loved about the xpl3000 is  if you did a factory reset, quick support would still be there once the box rebooted. That would be so awesome if 4000 series could do the same.  Thank you for looking in to this. It is very much appreciated. 

We added the Quick Support App + our custom Quick Support Add on that Teamviewer provided us on the 0607 FW update for the XR 4000

We also tested Host App from the Playstore and it now works with our customer Add on that Teamviewer gave us.

It was tested for months before we released it.

If the box already had the Play Store version of Quick Support and the Play Stores Add on installed before last weeks OTA
This would explain why it don't work for you.

If your XR 4000 is running 0607 FW
If you do a Factory Reset

It will re install Teamviewer after it fully resets.
You cannot side load these 2 apps onto another 4000, they must be installed from Firmware.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi!  I was trying to figure out who exactly to send a message to regarding the 100 buz xr4000 I purchased with Team Viewer quick support which is no longer installing on any of my new boxes  Will it be back soon?  I was told that allaboutbuz would know  Also I am not interested in the Team Viewer Host app because that is not the app we use to  remote control the buzz box.  Everything was working fine up until 1 week ago.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter

Edited by coco02020

34 minutes ago, coco02020 said:

Hi!  I was trying to figure out who exactly to send a message to regarding the 100 buz xr4000 I purchased with Team Viewer quick support which is no longer installing on any of my new boxes  Will it be back soon?  I was told that allaboutbuz would know  Also I am not interested in the Team Viewer Host app because that is not the app we use to  remote control the buzz box.  Everything was working fine up until 1 week ago.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter

PM me