BT400 Pairing Issue

Dave J

I paired my remote with my LG TV, turned on CEC, use auto TV set up. Everything works, except when I push the power key on the remote channel 8 appears in the upper left corner before entering standby. It doesn't matter what channel I'm on when I press the power key, it always goes back to channel 8 every time I shut down.

Edited by Dave J

The box goes into standby, and the TV shuts off. As the X 5 won't start in live TV yet the box starts in the Home Screen. When I hit LiveTV I'm on channel 8. I change the channel to 24, and when I hit power off, 8 appears in the upper left corner and everything shuts off. Turn on, hit LiveTV and I'm back on channel 8 again. However, if I go from LiveTV to the Home Screen before shutting down nothing appears in the upper left. Turn on, hit LiveTV and I'm on the channel I was watching. 

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Holding the power button down will not bring up the power pad either.

Brings up power off and restart for me

I was told a new update will be our shortly Hopefully the issue will be resolved as pairing to tv was affecting other options 

Hi guys, I reported this problem as well back on May 22.

"Power Off on the X5 doesn't work. I taught the Remote to turn off the Tv, selected Power Off in the menu, and when I push Power Off, it turns off the Tv, the X5 goes to the Main Menu, Standby? , but the streaming is not active. Blue light is still on."

Thank you for your support.  Mark7

2 minutes ago, Mark7 said:

Hi guys, I reported this problem as well back on May 22.

"Power Off on the X5 doesn't work. I taught the Remote to turn off the Tv, selected Power Off in the menu, and when I push Power Off, it turns off the Tv, the X5 goes to the Main Menu, Standby? , but the streaming is not active. Blue light is still on."

Thank you for your support.  Mark7

Why post this in Dave's thread?

• Like 1

That's not the issue I'm having. My power definition is set to suspend so that I don't wait the 15 - 20 seconds for the TV to come up. The remote will put both the TV and the box in suspend, problem is when I push the power button it also acts as a default change to channel 8! As it stands now, without start LiveTV from suspend it's either a multi-step process (power resume, push OK, change from channel 8), or the longer wait to watch TV (power on, boot to LiveTV). Sadly I'm finding a few more bugs than I would have expected from a new product (see my post on hiding locked channels).

• 9 months later...

You can add the TV remote mute button turns the channel to "9" in the upper left corner then goes to subscription channel 9. I turned off CEC and it still happens. Restored the remote to factory with no options and same thing. Paired remote to X5 box ... same thing.

This makes the X5 unusable 🤬 for a $190 box.

Your TV remote does that, or the X5 BT-400 ?  as Gig63 said, there is no MUTE button on the BT-400.

If it is your TV remote, then what model TV do you have ?  If it is the TV remote, then it is some sort of IR code conflict probably.

And it if it is your TV remote doing that, then you should have just started your own thread instead of hijacking this thread which is regarding the BT400 remote.

Edited by Emporium