recording

dishuser

• 4 weeks later...

Scheduled recording work exactly as expected as far as I have tried so far.   

However I tried on the fly (one button record) and the recording starts no problem.  And if I stay on the channel, it works fine also.  But if I start this one button recording on a channel, then I can't change channel (even though my service allows 2 connections).  I get a message that warns me that "Recording is in progress.  The recording will be cancelled if you change channels".  I even tried using one of my personal M3U files of various streaming sources which would have no concurrent connection limits since all independent sources), and same.

Is that normal, or just a current limitation/bug ?  For reference, I am running v5.0.727  (V20220624).  And I tried with both Default and Secondary players, just in case.

"IF" I remember correctly on my 4900, it works fine if I am using the default player (can change channel even once I start a 1 button record).  But same reaction (warning message if trying to change channel) and I am using the secondary player  (or vice versa).  I can double check tomorrow if more details are needed.

Sorry if I am overseeing something obvious.

Thnx in advance.

• Like 1

Thanks.. I had read that a while back.  But for the most part the recording are working .  It's just that if I start the recording using the one button record, it will not allow me to change channel (while it is recording).    However if I manually schedule the recording (even on same channel I'm watching), the recording will start and work fine in the background and I can still change channels.

I'm only doing  recording at a time so I am not going past my number of max connections (1 server I tried I have 2 connections, the other one I used was a custom M3U file with many public streaming sources, so no server limit).

Just seems that scheduled recording, work as expected.  But starting a recording using the one button record option does not allow me to continue recording if I decide to change channel.   Anyhow, I will try a few more scenarios tomorrow.  And I'll still haven't had a chance to try the same on the HD5 however.   I'll even try it on my other 4900 which I still have the last "public" release (4.x from last April I think).

Just curious, if you are watching a channel and they start one button recording (red button - assuming one button recording is enabled), once it starts recording (a second or 2 later) can you successfully change channels ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Emporium said:

Scheduled recording work exactly as expected as far as I have tried so far.   

However I tried on the fly (one button record) and the recording starts no problem.  And if I stay on the channel, it works fine also.  But if I start this one button recording on a channel, then I can't change channel (even though my service allows 2 connections).  I get a message that warns me that "Recording is in progress.  The recording will be cancelled if you change channels".  I even tried using one of my personal M3U files of various streaming sources which would have no concurrent connection limits since all independent sources), and same.

Is that normal, or just a current limitation/bug ?  For reference, I am running v5.0.727  (V20220624).  And I tried with both Default and Secondary players, just in case.

"IF" I remember correctly on my 4900, it works fine if I am using the default player (can change channel even once I start a 1 button record).  But same reaction (warning message if trying to change channel) and I am using the secondary player  (or vice versa).  I can double check tomorrow if more details are needed.

Sorry if I am overseeing something obvious.

Thnx in advance.

I reproduced this
We will fix it

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2022 at 4:32 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

I reproduced this
We will fix it

Doesn't look like it's been fixed yet, at least for me.

Yesterday,  i turned on one button recording.  Started recording on a channel, red button was on both in the guide & bottom left hand side of screen with 4 buttons - TS, ?, Rec, ?.  When i went to change channels, i got the same message as 'Emporium' got - that if i changed the channel,  the recording would be cancelled.

Do i need to turn one button recording off in order to be able to record one program on one channel & change to another channel??  

Just as an FYI - i have 5 connections with my IPTV provider & only using  internal storage - no external HD/SSD.

TIA.

P.S.  I am on update 20220714.

Edited by websurferdude
add P.S. info

Pretty sure the issue was fixed on the 4900 shortly after I posted here.  I will check again tomorrow, but I do vaguely recall one of the updates fixed it.  I do recall having done 4 simultaneous recordings (all launched via single button record) and all worked smoothly.

As soon as the update situation get's sorted out on the X5, and the next update goes out, I am sure the fix will be included.  

On 8/5/2022 at 8:04 PM, websurferdude said:

Doesn't look like it's been fixed yet, at least for me.

Yesterday,  i turned on one button recording.  Started recording on a channel, red button was on both in the guide & bottom left hand side of screen with 4 buttons - TS, ?, Rec, ?.  When i went to change channels, i got the same message as 'Emporium' got - that if i changed the channel,  the recording would be cancelled.

Do i need to turn one button recording off in order to be able to record one program on one channel & change to another channel??  

Just as an FYI - i have 5 connections with my IPTV provider & only using  internal storage - no external HD/SSD.

TIA.

P.S.  I am on update 20220714.

This was fixed on 20220811 OTA for the X5 Yesterday

So please download + install it

Thanks

• Like 2

We shall see - I'm not holding my breath that it's fixed.  I haven't did the update - I want to wait to see if it behaves properly unlike the previous ones.

Furthermore, yesterday had more issues (on 20220714 update) when using native player.  Not only would it not record if I changed channels, but I had a message appear when trying to set recording - something about "waiting for server URL'  whenever I set to record.  I set a manual recording - not only didn't it record, it disappeared from my very eyes in the 'scheduled recording' section!!  AND, I was getting multiple freeze ups on whatever channel I tried!

Thank God for TiviMate - no issues whatsoever.  The only thing your native player had over TM was Timeshifting but now I noticed that I can pause Live TV in TM whereas before it didn't work properly.  To be fair, TM doesn't do FF/RW that the native player does - not without some issues (eg. stuttering, jumping forward)

So...both you & CS/Tech Support says this new update will rectify all my issues (though changelog says nothing about doing so, as far as I can see).  Is it possible, considering you have TeamViewer app on box that,  should I still be experiencing issues, someone from Tech Support can connect to my box & try & fix the issues??  Perhaps with me on the phone with them as they're doing their magic?

Please let me know if this is possible.

TIA,

Ray