Recording on xrs4900

mr man

When recording on a 4900 i notice that i cannot pause the recording and release and start recording i have to stop the recording for example if i am recording a Soccer game when it's half time it cannot pause and then record the second half i have to stop it and record each half separate,  and another question when you record a program can you re edit it and type the name of the program you recorded?

in order to pause you need to add sd/usb card and setup Timeshift settings

as far changing names, yes you can. you hav to go to files browser, find recordings in buzz folder and use editing functions there.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 2

just incase if you have difficulty setup TimeShift  just follow below instructions.  

1. Connect your usb stick to any of USB port. (USB 3.0 works better)
2. Go to settings
3. Click storage
4. Click on your usb stick
5. You should see option erase and format as removable storage. So click on it. (If you dont see this option then format your usb first and once done dont use usb as a internal storage. Just click on move later and start from step 3 again. Now you should see erase and format as removable storage option.
6. Click format
7. Once done, now you should see usb as removable storage.
8. keep pressing back until you get to home screen
9. Now click live tv
10. While watching live TV press menu
11. Go to PVR
12. Go to PVR Options
13. Turn on Timeshift
14. Click Timeshift Cache Storage and select your USB and go back
15. Timeshift Cache Size (up to as much you want, 2 GB is good enough)
16. Download Storage select your USB
17. Now when you go to live TV and you should see TS option lid up on bottom right next to CC REC and HD info. If not press info button to see it in bottom right corner.
18. Now you should see white solid line on top of blue line indicating you can go back up to that time. You should be able to use pause and rewind function now.
19. If you dont see TS option in info bar that mean you won’t be able to rewind/pause this channel or stream

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The XRS4900 has a tv and vod capability. My question is...does the programming on the  TV and the VOD come with the XRS4900. Or is it a subscription application?

Also, does it come with DTSX and Dolby HD, ATMOS?

On 5/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, mr man said:

When recording on a 4900 i notice that i cannot pause the recording and release and start recording i have to stop the recording for example if i am recording a Soccer game when it's half time it cannot pause and then record the second half i have to stop it and record each half separate,  and another question when you record a program can you re edit it and type the name of the program you recorded?

What I think you mean is to actually pause a live recording......... So as to eliminate advertisements in the recording...... So when you play back after the first half is over it continues to the second half seamlessly. 

I do not think Buzz units can do this. It is a very nice feature and I was able to this using a totally different setup a few years ago which I won't discuss here. But what I can say is that it would require buzz units to be dual tuner. Not sure if that makes sense because I'm speaking in terms of when we used to use satellite dishes for TV content.