VPN Buffering

Diez

So after a few months with my original provider, I began looking for some possible better alternatives.  My current provider uses a mac address setup and I'm testing a well known provider via xc api.  The quality and options are much better on this new provider except for one nagging issue and that seems to be irregular buffering with my nordlynx VPN engaged.  My Speed is tested at 80mbps and I had next to no issues with my old original provider once I got the app set up on the box.  I did a force stop and delete cache on the Buzz5 app and restarted the box but that didn't fix much. When I pause the VPN, no buffering happens, but that's not a suitable fix

The buffering does not happen on all channels but enough to make it very annoying. Thought it may be a channel quality issue, and tested one HD channel that would buffer then switched to a UHD channel that would not. Head scratching.  Anyone else encounter a similar issue and resolve?  Nord app issue, or??   I'd like to be able to switch full time to this new provider if I can get this buffer problem solved

Edited by Diez
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 11:55 AM, Diez said:

So after a few months with my original provider, I began looking for some possible better alternatives.  My current provider uses a mac address setup and I'm testing a well known provider via xc api.  The quality and options are much better on this new provider except for one nagging issue and that seems to be irregular buffering with my nordlynx VPN engaged.  My Speed is tested at 80mbps and I had next to no issues with my old original provider once I got the app set up on the box.  I did a force stop and delete cache on the Buzz5 app and restarted the box but that didn't fix much. When I pause the VPN, no buffering happens, but that's not a suitable fix

The buffering does not happen on all channels but enough to make it very annoying. Thought it may be a channel quality issue, and tested one HD channel that would buffer then switched to a UHD channel that would not. Head scratching.  Anyone else encounter a similar issue and resolve?  Nord app issue, or??   I'd like to be able to switch full time to this new provider if I can get this buffer problem solved

You said when you pause the VPN there is no buffering. Are you using the nordlynx protocol? 

• Like 1

Provider is removing a bunch of content not relevant to me. I will see if that helps, as they say that is the most common reason.

Speed wise I have 80-100mbps regularly, and when I switch to another provider, no such issues pop up

Using nordlynx, yes

Hoping the reduction of content fixes the issue

Have had a week of frustration trying out this new well known service. Constant buffering and have to refresh my VPN numerous times on startup. Using the Nord App through the 4900 with the nordlynx protocol and dedicated DNS servers (started with default but it didn't really make a difference)

Would the issue be centered around the quality of the M3u XCAPI connection? On my current regular service it's done via MAC addy and I have had no such issues. Is one style more stable than the other?

I'm just looking for a better all round service and if I could sort out this darn buffering I'd be happy as this new service has a lot of better qualities

14 minutes ago, Diez said:

ok on tivimate the issues appear gone for the past several moments.  So I'm led to believe then that this service just doesn't like the buzz5 app  ?

and you've tried both secondary and default video players?