Screen Saver

Dave J

Good afternoon;

On the BuzzTV 5 beta settings there is a screen saver feature which would allow for a screen saver to take affect after a set time of inactivity, or put the device to sleep after a set amount of time. I haven't been able to make this feature work, and I believe it would be great for putting the box in either standby or off after recording with the PVR. Setting record will bring the box out of standby at the set time, so going back to standby when finished would save wasting data when away from home. 

Can someone please comment or advise?

Thanks.

What I am trying to do for recording when I am away from home is automate that process. The screen saver feature would appear capable of doing exactly that. The question is, is this a working feature on the box, or is it something that hasn't been implemented?

I gave it a try; no luck. Set the recording and powered off the box. At the scheduled time box powered up, and recorded the show. When the recording was finished, the box did not power off, or go into standby. That was not the result I wanted.

5 hours ago, Dave J said:

Good afternoon;

On the BuzzTV 5 beta settings there is a screen saver feature which would allow for a screen saver to take affect after a set time of inactivity, or put the device to sleep after a set amount of time. I haven't been able to make this feature work, and I believe it would be great for putting the box in either standby or off after recording with the PVR. Setting record will bring the box out of standby at the set time, so going back to standby when finished would save wasting data when away from home. 

Can someone please comment or advise?

Thanks.

In PVR Options 
There should be a feature called Auto Shut Off

If turned ON, it should turn the box back off once its done recording.

This feature is still being worked on fully though on the 4500s and 4900s
However if you setup a scheduled recording and the box is in standby, it usually just boots to the Home Screen and records in the background.
So once the recording is finished, it stays on the Home Screen and no Internet is being used by Live TV.

The Shut Off feature in the Configuration menu, is just to disconnect Live TV 
As users requested this feature to save internet bandwidth in case they fall asleep.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply. Under PVR Options, I don't have the Auto Shut Off feature on version 5.0.701. I do have the shut-off feature under the menu / configuration, and from your comments I now understand how that works.

When I turn the system on after recording the night before, I'm usually tuned to the live TV channel that was recording (which auto changed from the live channel I was watching prior to going standby).  Should I assume that after I do a scheduled recording that the system no longer is using the internet until I push the LiveTV button? 

17 hours ago, Dave J said:

Thanks for your reply. Under PVR Options, I don't have the Auto Shut Off feature on version 5.0.701. I do have the shut-off feature under the menu / configuration, and from your comments I now understand how that works.

When I turn the system on after recording the night before, I'm usually tuned to the live TV channel that was recording (which auto changed from the live channel I was watching prior to going standby).  Should I assume that after I do a scheduled recording that the system no longer is using the internet until I push the LiveTV button? 

Sorry I realized we removed that from PVR options as it wasn't working properly.

If you have scheduled recordings and leave the box on the Home Screen
It will automatically record them in the background, and stop using Internet once the recording is finished.
And yes, if just on the Home Screen or open to another app like YouTube and not watching any videos

The box should not use any internet bandwidth or much at all really.
It will once you press the Live TV Button.

• Like 1