Remote problem

Nelutz

• 1 month later...

Same problem here with some of the boxes. 

Changing the remote didn't work for me, but switching television worked with those boxes I have with remote issues. This just verifies that there is an issue with these boxes that need to be addressed.

I know it sounds crazy as the television has nothing to do with the remote in my opinion. But when I switch  the problem 4000 to a different Tv, voila... the remote works with that television. There is definitely a problem with some of the boxes and Buzz need to figure that one out quickly.

I had a BuzzTV 3000 remote and it worked like a charm with my Samsung tv. Two Buzz 4K remotes ( original and illuminating) both have these issues though the illuminating less than the original. 
A fake buzz remote from Artronix also works without any problems. 

PS

Buying a new tv to fix remote problem is not an option 😉

Edited by Shoma
  • Haha 1

To confirm hdv’s finding, I moved my buzz 4K to an older, non-smart tv and the original remote works fine. I was flipping through buzz for 10-15 minutes and no delays at all. So, it might be an interference from a tv after all. 
Btw, the tv I was having issues with is a one year old Samsung. 
Hope this helps the Buzz team further troubleshoot this issue. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shoma said:

To confirm hdv’s finding, I moved my buzz 4K to an older, non-smart tv and the original remote works fine. I was flipping through buzz for 10-15 minutes and no delays at all. So, it might be an interference from a tv after all. 

I have samsung Too and have same issue

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sally15 said:

Do these TVs have LED or fluorescent backlight? LED backlight TVs I have not seen cause the issue. Fluorescent backlit TVs I have seen cause the issue. Depends on the frequency the backlight of the inverter running the backlight.

I have fluorescent backlight on Samsung TV

The remote that came with my XRS4000 was the worst. Scrap #1. I then bought an IR-1000L. It was just as bad as the original. 3 or 4 key presses to get a response. The pretty little red light on the unit flashed with each key press, but that was all that happened. Scrap #2. Then I purchased the ARQ-100, and what a difference. This unit is super responsive ,and each key press produces a quick result.

If you are looking for a super replacement, spend the extra few bucks and buy the ARQ-100. Oh yeah - it also comes with a free keyboard on the back. 😉  

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, Shoma said:

It may be, but the same remote was working fine with same TV for few weeks, so it may be something else

On 3/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, Sally15 said:

Do these TVs have LED or fluorescent backlight? LED backlight TVs I have not seen cause the issue. Fluorescent backlit TVs I have seen cause the issue. Depends on the frequency the backlight of the inverter running the backlight.

the same remote was working fine with same the TV for few weeks, so it may be something else

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gualdo said:

Bought the XRS box a couple of months ago, put it on a less than a year old Samsung TV, and oh boy, same issues as described before, press  keys 4, 5 or more times to get it going. FRUSTRATING to say the least.

there are two xrs remotes one for the 4000 ,and one for the 4500

which one do you have?

Edited by nbs.

17 hours ago, Rinny1 said:

I’ll look into this I also have people with remote problems !! Very interesting finds on the Samsung TVs 

Rinny are you connected through wifi? I you are don't select 5G use 2.4 and see if that helps.