Remote problem

Nelutz

6 hours ago, G2P said:

sorry to say but from last few weeks i am getting same or worst problem with ARQ100 on XRS4000, even ARQ100 not respond with any button (other remote respond at multiple press)

see more detail on Remote  section

That's weird, I have the ARQ remote for more than 4months and the only problems I have when I restart or unplug the box ,I have to unplug and plug back the usb dongle because some of the buttons are not working but after doing that the remote works how it supposed to.

Check your wifi to see if you’re on a 2.4Ghz signal, or 5GHz. The factory remote seems to conflict with one, or the other (I don’t recall which, but doing so cleared up my factory remote issues).

Wi-Fi  Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) is what I suspect is garbling the remote signal reception.  

So try switching your buzz box to another Wi-Fi frequency... if you can... some newer “smart“ Wi-Fi gateways don’t let you, unless you can manually override their default settings and squawk 2 SSID’s - one on 2.4 and one on 5.0.

Failing that, the ARQ remote mentioned in this thread uses Bluetooth and it seems to be more immune to competing Wi-Fi RFI. 

Your mileage may vary. 

Edited by a-dub

4 minutes ago, a-dub said:

Check your wifi to see if you’re on a 2.4Ghz signal, or 5GHz. The factory remote seems to conflict with one, or the other (I don’t recall which, but doing so cleared up my factory remote issues).

Wi-Fi  Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) is what I suspect is garbling the remote signal reception.  

So try switching your buzz box to another Wi-Fi frequency... if you can... some newer “smart“ Wi-Fi gateways don’t let you, unless you can manually override their default settings and squawk 2 SSID’s - one on 2.4 and one on 5.0.

Failing that, the ARQ remote mentioned in this thread uses Bluetooth and it seems to be more immune to competing Wi-Fi RFI. 

Your mileage may vary. 

the arq doesn't use bluetooth

it's rf

10 hours ago, a-dub said:

I stand corrected, but whatever frequency it uses seems to be more immune to wifi interference than the factory remote is. 

My Box is connected with Ethernet cable,

Do you think still 2.4G or 5G wifi interference to remote control operation? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, G2P said:

My Box is connected with Ethernet cable,

Do you think still 2.4G or 5G wifi interference to remote control operation? 

Thanks

If your hardwired ...then you don't have to worry about 2.4g or 5g .....they are only for wifi

• Thanks 1