Remote problem

Nelutz

Hello everyone. As of today 6/5/2020 is there a solution to the remote issue?  I got my XRS4500 a week ago and it is getting to be a real pain in the behind this constant pushing the buttons 3 or 4 times for the box to react. My TV is a Vizio and not a smart TV. The box is like 5 feet away, changed the batteries 2 times for brand new ones and still the same. Is the solution to buy another remote? I am the rookie of the year here, but that sounds CRAZY, that I buy an amazing BOX (it is my best so far) and the remote situation is killing it.  Any info? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:17 AM, nbs. said:

I have been involved in satellite for many years and the main players did not warranty the remotes

sonicview viewsat dreamlink etc

It doesn't matter if you work with the white house dude, you buy a product and you are expecting the product to work, imaging you go to any store and get a tv, then get home and the remote don't work, you go back to the store and they tell you, uh you need to buy another remote "sorry" WHAT???? Company needs to stand behind their products period. These comments are NOT helping anyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, EmmaB said:

It doesn't matter if you work with the white house dude, you buy a product and you are expecting the product to work, imaging you go to any store and get a tv, then get home and the remote don't work, you go back to the store and they tell you, uh you need to buy another remote "sorry" WHAT???? Company needs to stand behind their products period. These comments are NOT helping anyone. 

No need to get an attitude here I wasnt talking to you with that post was I?

also the people here that are telling you to buy another remote are not buzz

is the remote paired? You are aware remote has a sleep function?

If you cant fix it email buzz 

Edited by nbs.

No sir, it is NOT a sleep function, more than one user reported this issue. As for the "attitude" issue, go back and check some of your replies to other members, then come back and tell us all about it. It is not worth it to loose ones mind for a situation that was not even suppose to happen, but it is a real situation, that needs fixing. Good night.

42 minutes ago, EmmaB said:

No sir, it is NOT a sleep function, more than one user reported this issue. As for the "attitude" issue, go back and check some of your replies to other members, then come back and tell us all about it. It is not worth it to loose ones mind for a situation that was not even suppose to happen, but it is a real situation, that needs fixing. Good night.

too bad you didn't say goodbye

Too bad you are not helping anyone. What, people can't ask for support? No one ask you, if you are not giving any support or ideas to help with the issue at hand just stay out of it Dishuser, why even answer?

Edited by EmmaB
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EmmaB said:

Maybe if you answered questions instead of bashing people trying to help you things would go easier. 

10 hours ago, EmmaB said:

Too bad you are not helping anyone. What, people can't ask for support? No one ask you, if you are not giving any support or ideas to help with the issue at hand just stay out of it Dishuser, why even answer?

take a midol and chill

I had a xr 4000 my buddy had to reboot the box in order for the remote to work properly!!!

the remote was slow 

press a button would not do anything 

hold the power button down scroll down to restart 

and worked!! 
yes it may not work for all 

your red light coming on the remote when a button pressed if not it’s the remote I had 2 bad remotes with this problem 

arq-100 remote awesome too 

just sayin 

13 hours ago, nbs. said:

Maybe if you answered questions instead of bashing people trying to help you things would go easier. 

I started asking a question, you just speak your mind, acting all high and mighty, then your pal jump to the topic. So the issue at hand still real and you guys, feel like just giving newbies a hard time. Bro just don't say anything, about my questions or post. I call you out because you were dismissing he issue, but the reality more than 8 different people here are having the problem. It is hard to express the tone of voice when you type text, but many feel attacked or bother by a simple statement or question. Again not in a hard voice or trying to insult anyone, if I had a little more knowledge of the problem or these issues, I would not be asking about it. To you and the other gentleman who felt the need to just jump on the post to just make silly comment, please just don't give people a hard time. You can't hear my voice nor the tone of how I'm texting. Again dudes (you and mister midol) give a rest. Oh and Emma is short for Emmanuel. Good night. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EmmaB said:

I started asking a question, you just speak your mind, acting all high and mighty, then your pal jump to the topic. So the issue at hand still real and you guys, feel like just giving newbies a hard time. Bro just don't say anything, about my questions or post. I call you out because you were dismissing he issue, but the reality more than 8 different people here are having the problem. It is hard to express the tone of voice when you type text, but many feel attacked or bother by a simple statement or question. Again not in a hard voice or trying to insult anyone, if I had a little more knowledge of the problem or these issues, I would not be asking about it. To you and the other gentleman who felt the need to just jump on the post to just make silly comment, please just don't give people a hard time. You can't hear my voice nor the tone of how I'm texting. Again dudes (you and mister midol) give a rest. Oh and Emma is short for Emmanuel. Good night. 

so you can tell me I am high and mighty by my text?...lol  Its ok for you to attack me?

I ask questions for a reasons to rule out the obvious Not everyone knows there is a sleep function so if they dont, they need to know 

No one is saying there is not an issue but ALL other possibilities have to be ruled out  I dont know what you expect from here ,there is no fix for your remote.

I asked if you had emailed buzz about your remote Have you? If not contact them about the remote If you dont know the website address just say so (without the rant)

• Like 1

I have the same problem with my Buzz XRS4000.  Have to press the buttons several times to get it to work.  I also have a Buzz XPL3000 that came with 2 remotes, so I took the spare and tried it and it works like a charm on the XRS4000.  Proves there's a problem with XRS4000 remote I'd say.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Kerruptor said:

I have the same problem with my Buzz XRS4000.  Have to press the buttons several times to get it to work.  I also have a Buzz XPL3000 that came with 2 remotes, so I took the spare and tried it and it works like a charm on the XRS4000.  Proves there's a problem with XRS4000 remote I'd say.

some of them.most work fine

Edited by nbs.

16 hours ago, EmmaB said:

i wouls also like to point out one other thing The remotes people are discussing in this thread are not the same remotes for the 4500 that you have

On 6/7/2020 at 1:45 PM, Kerruptor said:

I contacted BuzzTV and explained my problem.  Their reply was the remote is only warrantied for 3 months.  I purchased mine in November so I'm SOL.

33 minutes ago, Kerruptor said:

I contacted BuzzTV and explained my problem.  Their reply was the remote is only warrantied for 3 months.  I purchased mine in November so I'm SOL.

I don’t think it is just one defective remote. Way too many people have exactly same problem, I am one of them. 
As a workaround I use a Buzz 2000 remote. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nbs. said:

I dont think anyone ever said it was one defective remote

What I meant to say is that there is more complaints about the same issue with the remote that comes with 4000 models. 
so even if he can get a same remote model replacement, the problem will probably still be there.   

1 hour ago, Shoma said:

What I meant to say is that there is more complaints about the same issue with the remote that comes with 4000 models. 
so even if he can get a same remote model replacement, the problem will probably still be there.   

and how do you know that?

maybe they corrected the issue

On 6/10/2020 at 8:39 PM, Shoma said:

I don’t think it is just one defective remote. Way too many people have exactly same problem, I am one of them. 
As a workaround I use a Buzz 2000 remote. 

True that brother ,from December we have this problem if I remember 🙂 but I bought the ARQ-100 and no more headache, I think the next box Buzz should include the ARQ -100 in the package 🙂( that's a damn good remote).

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 12:51 AM, Nelutz said:

True that brother ,from December we have this problem if I remember 🙂 but I bought the ARQ-100 and no more headache, I think the next box Buzz should include the ARQ -100 in the package 🙂( that's a damn good remote).

sorry to say but from last few weeks i am getting same or worst problem with ARQ100 on XRS4000, even ARQ100 not respond with any button (other remote respond at multiple press)

see more detail on Remote  section