VLC player

Hi all. While waiting for the next Buzz Beta, I want to try VLC viceo player.  There is no problem setting this up in VOD menu. However nothing plays. It looks like I have to give VLC direction where to find the video in Buzz box. Can anyone tell me where that might be.

Thanks

4 hours ago, stevestad said:

Hi all. While waiting for the next Buzz Beta, I want to try VLC viceo player.  There is no problem setting this up in VOD menu. However nothing plays. It looks like I have to give VLC direction where to find the video in Buzz box. Can anyone tell me where that might be.

Thanks

The Default Player built into the Buzz App is already VLC
Its libvlc, so is the player itself without the UI of VLC

But you can still use VLC as external player if you want.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. I fifn't see any diff & went back to default. I still may try another external player, as I am trying to correct the darkness in about 20% of my VODs. Constantly having to use different display settings between Live TV , which is fine, and VODs which are dark even in dynamic/vivid setting. Hopefully that might change in new Beta, so not putting a lot of time into it before that comes out.

Pretty sure it is not server, as all was perfect on my previous android box. The dark VOD issue only started when I started with Buzz (4). But  overall I still like Buzz better. I suspect that this is related to Picture settings. Previous box did not have TV settings & I did picture setup thru my Samsung controls. Now both Buzz and Samsung change the TV picture , with a million combination, and I can't figure out how to disable either.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:27 AM, stevestad said:

Thanks. I fifn't see any diff & went back to default. I still may try another external player, as I am trying to correct the darkness in about 20% of my VODs. Constantly having to use different display settings between Live TV , which is fine, and VODs which are dark even in dynamic/vivid setting. Hopefully that might change in new Beta, so not putting a lot of time into it before that comes out.

I think you might have a different picture setting setup

From the Home Screen go to settings
Go to Advanced settings row

Go to Picture

See what your Picture mode is set to, you might have it set to Custom
Which could be why its so Dark.
The setting I prefer is Sport.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

I think you might have a different picture setting setup

From the Home Screen go to settings
Go to Advanced settings row

Go to Picture

See what your Picture mode is set to, you might have it set to Custom
Which could be why its so Dark.
The setting I prefer is Sport.

Thanks. I did try Custom at one point, but I had to change as it destroyed YouTube videos. Currently using Soft on Buzz and modified Natural on Samsung for decent Live TV but some dark videos. I have tried all the picture settings on Buzz EXCEPT for sport. Will give that a shot. Cheers

3 hours ago, stevestad said:

Thanks. I did try Custom at one point, but I had to change as it destroyed YouTube videos. Currently using Soft on Buzz and modified Natural on Samsung for decent Live TV but some dark videos. I have tried all the picture settings on Buzz EXCEPT for sport. Will give that a shot. Cheers

Ok

If your using Buzz Beta, you can also change the player for VOD and try an external player like MX Player or Kodi or something else.

If they are still Dark, then it means the movies your server are providing are probably the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, for what is worth, I had a problem on the XRS 4900 using the Custom Picture mode while watching Tv Series. If I stopped the episode, and resumed, the play back was really bad colors on the TV Series. 

I switch the boxes to Sports Setting and everything was okay after that. 

Mark7