Firmware update for 4900

BUZZ_GUY

I believe an update is suppose or was suppose to be released since December 2021 for the Buzz 4900. Could someone please send me the latest firmware update for 4900 to update my box because alot of people are receiving the updates through pm's and it is not fair to the other purchasers. Why are the updates being held back. They told me when i purchased the box that there will be Plenty of updates and I only received 1 update that was when i first purchased it March/April 2021. Please send me the update through pm.

Thanks.

Edited by BUZZ_GUY

Hi all,

I downloaded the update above, found it in the file manager as a zip file. When I used the mouse on the remote to open it I was given several options. I tried several but the file will not open. My question is 1) how do I open it and 2) how do I install the update once I am able to open the file

Thank you

32 minutes ago, PJG said:

Hi all,

I downloaded the update above, found it in the file manager as a zip file. When I used the mouse on the remote to open it I was given several options. I tried several but the file will not open. My question is 1) how do I open it and 2) how do I install the update once I am able to open the file

Thank you

did you follow the instruction carefully? did you download in to usb/microsd? did you put your box in to recovery mode and and updated from there?

Edited by Ryu

D none of the above. I am not sure what instructions you are referring to. I downloaded via the link from the post from Dishuser above. If you can point me to the instructions you are referring to I will be very grateful.

Thank you

Edit: had I noticed the download tab at the top of the page I would have found the instructions. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Edited by PJG
Add to post

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, Mark7 said:

Hi guys, what is this Update fixing? Just wondering...

Thanks,

Mark7

I would also like to know what has been changed in this new V20220106 update. The download page says "Alright in order to fix your XRS4900 you need to update with our latest firmware", was this released to fix a particular issue in which case we should not update unless we're encountering an issue? Why would this be available as a manual update but not available via an OTA update? It would be nice to get release notes as we did for past updates to know what changed to determine if we should update or not.

10 minutes ago, dishuser said:

release notes appear on screen

if you don't like what you see then cancel

Yes that is the case for OTA updates when it appears directly on the 4900 itself butI have not recieved the option to update to V20220106 on the box. When I check for updates on the box it says I have the latest version which is V20210422. I've only seen this newer version here on STBtalk as a manual update. Are you saying I should be getting this update on the box via OTA because I haven't.

17 minutes ago, dishuser said:

release notes appear on screen

if you don't like what you see then cancel

Unless you mean I will be prompted with this info when I go to do the manual update to V20220106? If that is the case I will try the manual update but it would be useful to post it on that download page as well.

34 minutes ago, saggybeans said:

Unless you mean I will be prompted with this info when I go to do the manual update to V20220106? If that is the case I will try the manual update but it would be useful to post it on that download page as well.

just send mac addy to buzztv

11 minutes ago, dishuser said:

even your remote is not in bt mode

I have not done anything with the BT-200 remote. It works, but accessing the Blutooth menu item only works for a short time. Pairing attempt with headphones or BLE 5.0 Air Remote Mouse fails. I think the Bluetooth function has a bug.