Strange Recording quirk

steelerzz

I seem to be have a real hard time with the PVR recording feature on the Buzz5 beta version.
I am now able to record a tv program,  but for some reason, any and all of any program I record, no matter the duration of it, be it a half hour, 1 hour or more,
the recordings all complete and stop recording at the 00:30:05 min mark, so ony half an hour gets recorded.
I have two different service providers, and have tried recording on both, and the same results happen for both.
Any ideas.

A friend of mine has had same issues as all of us when recording from the EPG, and he has a therory that perhaps may help solving this issue.

What she has noticed is that the EPG is broken up in time blocks of half hour segments, and for that reason, when using the “one button set” record method, the “buzztv5 beta” code won’t or can’t  instruct the PVR to record a whole program but only that block of 30min visible on the EPG!

The recording function works fine when manually scheduling a time duration separating, so it seems to be an EPG & coding instruction issues.

any thoughts, any possibility?

the box appears for me when the recording is about to start

I reported it

18 minutes ago, steelerzz said:

A friend of mine has had same issues as all of us when recording from the EPG, and he has a therory that perhaps may help solving this issue.

What she has noticed is that the EPG is broken up in time blocks of half hour segments, and for that reason, when using the “one button set” record method, the “buzztv5 beta” code won’t or can’t  instruct the PVR to record a whole program but only that block of 30min visible on the EPG!

The recording function works fine when manually scheduling a time duration separating, so it seems to be an EPG & coding instruction issues.

any thoughts, any possibility?

if the epg is broken down into two half hour episodes you have to do two recordings

thats how it should be if recording from epg

Edited by nbs.

11 minutes ago, nbs. said:

the box appears for me when the recording is about to start

I reported it

if the epg is broken down into two half hour episodes you have to do two recordings

thats how it should be if recording from epg

that's how I did it the first time but only got 30 seconds of second episode

trying again and made sure extra time was set to off

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, steelerzz said:

I seem to be have a real hard time with the PVR recording feature on the Buzz5 beta version.
I am now able to record a tv program,  but for some reason, any and all of any program I record, no matter the duration of it, be it a half hour, 1 hour or more,
the recordings all complete and stop recording at the 00:30:05 min mark, so ony half an hour gets recorded.
I have two different service providers, and have tried recording on both, and the same results happen for both.
Any ideas.

Were now aware of this issue

It seems to only happen when scheduling recordings through the EPG

If you schedule them manually this doesn't happen

We will fix it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but I am having the same issue (running on ver .706). I can't seem to get any recordings longer than 30 minutes. Have tried both secondary and default players, power options live TV and default, box standby or on, on selected channel, EPG and manual recording. With manual I tried both 45 and 1:15 minute settings but no luck.  One button record is always set to off. I hadn't been able to really test this until the power option was fixed, but I know I've recorded in the past and it did work. Just not sure if that was before the beta. 

On 3/2/2022 at 1:53 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Were now aware of this issue

It seems to only happen when scheduling recordings through the EPG

If you schedule them manually this doesn't happen

We will fix it.

Did a hard reset of my XRS4500 (running BuzzTV 4) yesterday, the update installed BuzzTV 5, now not able to record more than 30 mins anymore, as described by others in this thread. Tried first through EPG, then read allaboutbuzz post from Mar 2 and tried manual recording. The recording stops at 30 mins every time. The box is on, Live TV is on the channel I want to record. Any word on that fix?

On 5/6/2022 at 6:42 PM, bgrigori said:

Did a hard reset of my XRS4500 (running BuzzTV 4) yesterday, the update installed BuzzTV 5, now not able to record more than 30 mins anymore, as described by others in this thread. Tried first through EPG, then read allaboutbuzz post from Mar 2 and tried manual recording. The recording stops at 30 mins every time. The box is on, Live TV is on the channel I want to record. Any word on that fix?

Were testing Firmwares this week for 4500s and 4900s with this fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...