Screen Pointer Movement

ednash

I currently have to use the remote for now for everything.

Within the last day the arrow keys only move the on screen arrow one 'space' per click. Continuing to hold the arrow button does repeat the command to move the screen arrow but the screen arrow does not move. This is effectively crippling much of the 4900's usefulness. I can no longer easily use the Web browser since it would take too long to move one click at a time just to reach the address line.

Is there a setting somewhere that controls this?

Thank you for your advice.

I finally figured out the problem when I noticed that it took 3 seconds before I could press the key again and have it work plus only some of the remote lit up.

It was the batteries. They only last about a month before they are drained so much they only partially work. I didn't think they would go so soon. Replacing them fixed the problem.

Again, thank you for your help.

Edited by ednash
Spelling

51 minutes ago, ednash said:

Thank you for your advice.

I finally figured out the problem when I noticed that it took 3 seconds before I could press the key again and have it work plus only some of the remote lit up.

It was the batteries. They only last about a month before they are drained so much they only partially work. I didn't think they would go so soon. Replacing them fixed the problem.

Again, thank you for your help.

you can check battery level in settings/advanced.remote and click on bt 200