MAC server keep giving incorrect username or password

Mallik

After update of BuzzTV 5 , MAC Server connection keep failing with reason incorrect user name or password. But service provider informed that their connection does not require any user credentials  as it works on MAC ID. This worked earlier until this upgrade. I couldn't rollback to previous version too, may I know how to resolved this problem. 

MAC Server error.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mallik said:

After update of BuzzTV 5 , MAC Server connection keep failing with reason incorrect user name or password. But service provider informed that their connection does not require any user credentials  as it works on MAC ID. This worked earlier until this upgrade. I couldn't rollback to previous version too, may I know how to resolved this problem. 

MAC Server error.jpeg

Reset the MAC on the Panel

Or change the MAC on the panel to something else and change it back

It should work after doing this

Thankyou for response and appreciate help. I couldn't find any reset option or change option for MAC address..May I know where this option in settings as could not find under settings..Im using XRS 4500 with bzztv5 upgrade. Please refer screen capture of setting and version details

Version.jpeg

Settings.jpeg

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, KJ2015 said:

Is this an issue with the provider?  I have the same problem and the provider said the mac is activated and correct. It was working fine until my sub expired and renewed. Is there a way to figure out that it is the box or provider?

you may of been hacked and they logged on before you

• 1 month later...

the provider will have your mac address as valid, what  they need to do is "REFRESH" it in their system which is the same as changing it to a new mac and then changing it back to yours.   only your provider can do this, so I apologise if people were not clear in explaining this to you

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

the provider will have your mac address as valid, what  they need to do is "REFRESH" it in their system which is the same as changing it to a new mac and then changing it back to yours.   only your provider can do this, so I apologise if people were not clear in explaining this to you

It's called a reset and it's as simple as pushing a button 

• Like 1