Response to remote very slow

My XRS 4500 was working perfectly then the next day when I turned it on the remote was very slow (like in minutes) before it would make the change. I replaced the batteries, tried a different remote, did a reset, updated and rebooted several times ( I don't use the infrared).  Also when I try to load portals it asked for "Login and Password" which it has never asked for this in the past (this also occurred prior to the update).   Where would this be entered???

Thank you & have a great holiday

Doodle1

go to remotes and accessories and confirm its still paired

c and p

If using the Mouse on the remote with IR
Its not that fast
You can adjust speeds by going to Device Preferences in Android
Go to Keyboard and Autofill

You will see a Pointer Speed Option.
You can adjust the speeds here.

The remote is paired and continues to be slow. I have had the box for over a year and never had to pair & it worked without any problems. 

Maybe you know what password it is looking for to load the portal. Once again this has not come up with this STB or the second one that I am using . My provider does not require a password either. What is strange is only one out of the two boxes are asking for the password & they use the same provider!

Thanks again for you help

7 minutes ago, Doodle1 said:

The remote is paired and continues to be slow. I have had the box for over a year and never had to pair & it worked without any problems. 

Maybe you know what password it is looking for to load the portal. Once again this has not come up with this STB or the second one that I am using . My provider does not require a password either. What is strange is only one out of the two boxes are asking for the password & they use the same provider!

Thanks again for you help

then in server settings select mac not xc api

48 minutes ago, Doodle1 said:

I trued that also and it does nothing. Another thing it does not come up with a place to enter the information, it just says "Cannot Load portal: Login and password required" and below that it says Try again  Cancel

This message means 2 things usually
1. Your subscription expired
2. You need the person you subscribed with to reset your mac as there is an Issue with the Device ID