Freezing, Buffering, Poor Quality on Default, etc driving me nutz

Diez

I really dislike having to come back here and ask questions about the performance of this unit since I got it but here I am again.  So after the power cord died and I git the unit back, all seemed fine until a few days ago and it progressively has gotten worse.

first started with live channels freezing, then buffering for 10-20 sec, then playing ok for up to a minute, sometimes 2 sec etc etc. Switched to the secondary player and saw improvement in pic quality but the freezing/buffering issue would not go away. Days later I type this and the device is simply unwatchable with it being frozen the whole time I typed this paragraph

Rebooted, cleared cache, etc and now the problem is happening on VOD tonight for the first time as well.

Is this a lousy server connection between the server and my mac address? Is it a firmware issue?  Straight provider issue?  ofr what??

I'm super frustrated at this box because when it works it works great. The problem is there is always something messing up and I'm resisting the urge to drive it over with my truck

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have 2 - XRS 4900 that are having issues connecting to the server. Server log check is OK. My Nivdia Shield, OTT box, Global 4K are working ok. 

Could this be a issue from the update from a few days ago.

My XRS 4500 Max is fine.

Thank you,

Mark7

• Like 1

So my issues are getting more weird. Thought I had things licked by running my VPN via the app on the 4900 instead of through my router, as I saw an increase in performance, but now as of tonight if I'm logged into my service provider's server, as soon as I turn on my vpn I get no video or access to other features, just black screen. If I set my VPN on pause for 5 min, then log into the server everything was playing and as the vpn kicked in at first it paused and now locks out anything from the server. Disconnect and everything is fine. Happens both on the nord app on the 4900 and when I use the vpn through my router

• Like 1

OK, you said when I log into your service provider.... I assume you mean iptv service.... Then you turn on Vpn and get black screen and no video.....then you paused vpn and TV kicks in. 

First of all, always make sure vpn is connected before logging into TV service. Most importantly, some VPN locations/connections don't work with certain TV services. Try a different connection.... It can be within the same city/country, for instance if you choose New York which has tons of servers, try connecting to each one and connect to TV service to see if it works. When successful remember the server number you connected to so that going forward you won't have disconnected issues. 

Reminder: if you have VPN to autoconnect at startup..... and you put the buzz in standby or power off..... you won't get connection right away because in standby mode the buzz unit kills all apps...... and even though the unit is awake and has wifi connection the Nord app sometimes take a while to connect, sometimes you have to force stop app, sometimes that don't even work and you have rely on Devine intervention......... but if the buzz unit didn't kill the app in standby mode it would all be smooth sailing. Hope this helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a 4900 and the picture IS HORRIBLE. Gave me a headache watching an NFL Game on ESPN. I bought this for the PVR Function, the MAGBOX had no such issues when connected to the same services and channels. My Internet Service is 400 MBPS UP and Down before someone goes there first and its verifiable via wifi on my phone and tablet. Also not using a VPN

The  jittering during action scenes is intolerable. All help is appreciated.

it would be nice if you posted info on what you have done as you have two issues

for the freezing you should check the speed on the buzz not on your phone or tablet

also have you tried another hdmi cable ?

do your settings mach your tv?

1 hour ago, Sammoon said:

I just bought a 4900 and the picture IS HORRIBLE. Gave me a headache watching an NFL Game on ESPN. I bought this for the PVR Function, the MAGBOX had no such issues when connected to the same services and channels. My Internet Service is 400 MBPS UP and Down before someone goes there first and its verifiable via wifi on my phone and tablet. Also not using a VPN

The  jittering during action scenes is intolerable. All help is appreciated.

Sounds like your iptv service is horrible.