buzz tv 4500

sal61

Hi my buzz tv4500 was not respoding to the remote so i bought the ARQ100 remote  now the box works other than i cant turn it on or off unless i unplug the box . Then once i plug it back in everything works until such time to shut it off and it wont until i unplug it does anyone else have the same

On 10/17/2021 at 8:23 AM, sal61 said:

Hi my buzz tv4500 was not respoding to the remote so i bought the ARQ100 remote  now the box works other than i cant turn it on or off unless i unplug the box . Then once i plug it back in everything works until such time to shut it off and it wont until i unplug it does anyone else have the same

The ARQ100 Remotes power button is IR

So you would need to point it towards the box when pressing it, in order for it to work.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm having the same issue with the green STB button.  It will not turn xrs4500 box on or off.  I point it at the box and still not working. I've tried turing bluetooth off on box and unpairing old remote BT100.

Thank you,

1 hour ago, Ray said:

I'm having the same issue with the green STB button.  It will not turn xrs4500 box on or off.  I point it at the box and still not working. I've tried turing bluetooth off on box and unpairing old remote BT100.

Thank you,

are you using the arq-100?

if so turning bluetooth off or on doesn't matter since except for power and source buttons are it's wifi

yes. I programed tv button to turn tv on and off.  The buzztv box would turn off when I turned off the tv.  But I still had to use the green stb button on arq-100 to turn the box on.  And red tv button to turn on the tv.

Edited by Ray

It is off.  CEC is turned on for HDMI 3 on my tv, But the 4500 is connected to HDMI1 which is not cec enabled.

FYI, when I turn off tv using the red tv button, it no longer turns off the 4500 box. I turned cec back on and they both turn off, But I still can't turn on 4500 box.

Well, that's another thing.  I removed arq100 usb dongle, rebooted and tried bt100. It didn't work.  I used arq100 to turn on bluetooth, rebooted. Bt100 worked on bluetooth but still green stb button would not turn 4500 box on or off.  It seems IRQ on the 4500 box is not working?? I'm just using the arq100 for now and using the power chord to turn box on and off.