Issue with IPTV Streaming

txamason

Hello All - 

I just received my XRS4900 and am trying to configure the Buzz LiveTV app with my IPTV service. Under Server Settings I have added my custom M3U playlist URL and XML EPG URL. The EPG appears to loading correctly as well as my playlists, channels & categories; however, the streams never start & I just continuously receive a "Stream is not available. Please Try Again Later" message at the bottom of every channel.

I plugged my firestick in that runs my TiviMate App with the same  custom M3U playlist URL and XML EPG URL and all streams work correctly. Any help with the correct configuration would be greatly appreciated.

Ive also downloaded the M3U file to the device, loaded it as a server source under M3U & it is having the same result. I took the same URL that I have added as the M3U url & pastedit into the VLC player app on the device & the streams work fine. Is there something Im missing within the BuzzTV 5 app?

dishuser does have a simple solution... but...

One thing comes to mind first concerning the Playlist URL method and it  is the easiest answer, so lets ask it.

What firmware version is on that 4900 model ?

The original firmware had some issues with Playlist URLs and m3u files. They fixed the issue thou with upgraded firmware. I think that was how it went, but was awhile ago and may have been a VOD Playlist only.... but check that version anyway.

i have just started up the Playlist portal with server URL and an EPG URL and channels loading fine and working.

I guess i should ask, what is a 'custom' m3u Playlist URL ?

You are referring to a server playlist URL ... I am guessing?

Mine is a server m3u Playlist URL ... nothing custom about it really as far as the definition of the word means 🙂

A custom one would be something you have edited the URL to.

But anyway,  just clarify that for us 🆒

In meantime, Check your Firmware Version

The latest should be v 4.0.549

If you do not have that version then ask allaboutbuzz to assist with that.

Edited by whacked
  • Like 2

Hey everyone - Thank you for the feedback.

I reset my device through the reset option from the menu, ran all available updates & still no luck. In addition I am now experiencing an issue where every time I power off the device, when I turn it back on the language is set to Chinese & I have to figure out how to switch it back to English. To answer some of the questions above:

1. My IPTV provider provides each user with their own M3U url that allows for custom programming of what channels each user wants. That is what I meant by "custom" URL. I tried both HTTP & HTTPS and was meant with the same result. 

2. I also downloaded my M3U file and attempted to run it from there and was met with the same result. 

3. I can run the URL or the file from the VLC app that is preloaded on the device without any issues; however, VLC is not very intuitive. Also having to use VLC defeats the functionality of the device, shortcut buttons on the remote etc.

4. I emailed support almost a week ago & I've heard nothing back which is a bit concerning.

5.  My IPTV provide doesn't provide anything XC so I don't even know where I would star with that.

I attached a picture of my build version etc

signal-2021-10-10-205125.jpeg

Edited by txamason

On 10/6/2021 at 5:56 PM, whacked said:

dishuser does have a simple solution... but...

One thing comes to mind first concerning the Playlist URL method and it  is the easiest answer, so lets ask it.

What firmware version is on that 4900 model ?

The original firmware had some issues with Playlist URLs and m3u files. They fixed the issue thou with upgraded firmware. I think that was how it went, but was awhile ago and may have been a VOD Playlist only.... but check that version anyway.

i have just started up the Playlist portal with server URL and an EPG URL and channels loading fine and working.

I guess i should ask, what is a 'custom' m3u Playlist URL ?

You are referring to a server playlist URL ... I am guessing?

Mine is a server m3u Playlist URL ... nothing custom about it really as far as the definition of the word means 🙂

A custom one would be something you have edited the URL to.

But anyway,  just clarify that for us 🆒

In meantime, Check your Firmware Version

The latest should be v 4.0.549

If you do not have that version then ask allaboutbuzz to assist with that.

Replied

16 hours ago, txamason said:

Does anyone have a reliable way to get hold of the company for support issues? 

You sent us an email on Oct 5th.  And I replied to it on the same day through our support ticket system.

It must have ended up in your Spam folder as I received no reply to it.

I also just PM you back on this Forum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You can count me in as another one with the same problem. My XRS 4900 came yesterday and after loading my m3u code it seems I am able to access my IPTV service VOD'S as well as the series they offer but when it comes to the "lve" tv, all I am getting is "Loading channel list". I left it on and It has been showing this result for almost 24 hours now. I downloaded "Perfect Player and my url loaded fine and I am able to watch my VOD'S, my series AND my live tv, but I would like to use my XRS 4900 as intended because even though Perfect Player is working I am not in love with it I have contacted Buzz TV using the contact feature on their website and hopefully I get a response. It is apparent I am not the only one having this issue which leads me to believe that their is an inherent issue with the hardware. I hope they can fix it with an online update because I am in Mexico and it took a long time to get my XRS4900. Just as an aside, I have had  an XRS 4500 MAX for about 2 years now and it is still working great. I was able to load my IPTV url right away and have been watching it since I purchased the box.

12 minutes ago, nbs. said:

send allaboutbuzz a pm

I did send them a PM and they responded asking me to supply them with the MAC address on the back of my box. I just sent it to them about 10 minutes ago, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they can supply me with some kind of firmware update on line so I don't have to return the box.

• 3 weeks later...