Buzztv4500 XRS Sound Issues

I have tested 2 Brand new Buzztv4500 XRS boxes running on the same server.... Same settings etc....

Box #1: most channels work, Some Portuguese channels the picture works but no sound.

Box #2: Box works perfectly, Channels and sound on the same Portuguese channels work with no issue....

Anyone else have problems with no sound on some channels on the Buzztv4500 XRS boxes??

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Pm allaboutbuzz with your mac addy He can send you an update to fix the issue

So far is only the last 3 XR 4500 from hundreds of Buzz boxes I have out there.

But this 3 are not in my possession anymore. ( but of course I have all the Mac's )

Actually 1 of them updated the RC control software about 5 times in a row and each time you would reboot it to complete the update it will update again .

Finally I gave up and pair it under settings by putting the remote in pair mode 

Cheers,

32 minutes ago, SINNER said:

So far is only the last 3 XR 4500 from hundreds of Buzz boxes I have out there.

But this 3 are not in my possession anymore. ( but of course I have all the Mac's )

Actually 1 of them updated the RC control software about 5 times in a row and each time you would reboot it to complete the update it will update again .

Finally I gave up and pair it under settings by putting the remote in pair mode 

Cheers,

I don't understand what that has to do with pmg allaboutbuzz? If you want the issue fixed you need the update

It happened on my last batch of 4500s

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Steve Dol said:

Any updates on sound issues. Certain channels say audio disabled. If you change to stereo,  message shows "Decoder initialization error" and screen goes black. Change back to disabled and picture returns, but no sound 

Its been fixed

If you PM me the MAC I can send you update

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
16 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Firmware version is 20211108

Mac is:  xxxxxxxxxxxx

You should not post your MAC in public.  The intention was to send it to allaboutbuzz in a Private Message and he would take care of it.

BTW: Is there any reason you never updated you xrs4500 to BuzzTV 5 and still on version 4 ?   To update to buzztv 5, try going to the Updates screen, and on the remote type "2015" (you will not see anything), and see if it offers to send you buzzTV 5 (otherwise allaboutbuzz can push it).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I did as you said, and updated to BuzzTV 5.  It loads, but when I try to launch any app, a message comes up saying "BuzzTV 5 is not responding."

did you reboot your box after its finished updating to buzz5?