PVR issue

PPett

I am unable to record programs and play them back. The only way it works is if I record While the program is currently running and leave it on thst channel 

there must be a way to program recordings and actually have them able to play back. 

please advise 

• Like 1

No! I have purchased a 1TB hard drive to support the storage space for all recordings.  I record the program onto it and it still does not allow play back.  It only sometimes works when I record and leave the channel on the actual recording program 

is there something wrong with my box,?

as nbs said you have to stay on that channel until it stops recording. if you start recording and change channel then recording will stop. 

whatever you have recorded already if you want to play that then go to all apps, open up vlc player and all of your recording should be there. click on them and play back your recordings.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:40 PM, PPett said:

I am unable to record programs and play them back. The only way it works is if I record While the program is currently running and leave it on thst channel 

there must be a way to program recordings and actually have them able to play back. 

please advise 

There is a way...... Upgrade to the 4900 buzz unit and get a service that supports record one channel while you watch another. Good luck! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2021 at 6:11 AM, Maestro701 said:

When the wait is over I can imagine the huge sigh of relief from users 😂 

Wait for what?

Mine will only record anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes worth of the program.  Doesn't matter if I use internal or external, and I have tons of storage space.

I am using the native "play" feature in the PVR menu.  Other posts here suggest using an external player such as VLC.  Doesn't the built-in native player work?

Appreciate any advice.  TY

Update:  I just discovered a setting in Advanced Settings/HDMI CEC for Auto Power OFF.  I suspect that when the TV is turned off while waiting for a recording to start, the box detects this thru the HDMI interface and will shut itself off.  I disabled Auto Power OFF...lets see what happens....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Wait for what?

Mine will only record anywhere between 2 and 10 minutes worth of the program.  Doesn't matter if I use internal or external, and I have tons of storage space.

I am using the native "play" feature in the PVR menu.  Other posts here suggest using an external player such as VLC.  Doesn't the built-in native player work?

Appreciate any advice.  TY

Update:  I just discovered a setting in Advanced Settings/HDMI CEC for Auto Power OFF.  I suspect that when the TV is turned off while waiting for a recording to start, the box detects this thru the HDMI interface and will shut itself off.  I disabled Auto Power OFF...lets see what happens....

No one asked you to wait They were talking about another issue

• Like 1