Catch up when no EPG is available

lailanis

Hi

I'm using portal url

I noticed that unless Epg is available that's when I can rewind to older time and from then fast forward if I need to

If Epg is not available I can't do that, I can't go back in time it says just loading or no information available, so catch up doesn't work 

Is that normal? I had another box and even without Epg I was able to use catch up without a problem

Thx for your inputs 

Edited by lailanis
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Maestro701 said:

An update is due in a few weeks and will address catchup feature on the url login portals. I'm waiting like you are. Currently my catchup is not working and I have EPG so you are in a better position than I am. Let's wait it out and see. 

You're talking about catch up when using m3u. I know this issue

The problem even with portal url, catch up works only with EPG, if no EPG is available it won't work at all

Hopefully someone from the team can let us know if it's known issue or it's just me doing something wrong. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lailanis said:

You're talking about catch up when using m3u. I know this issue

The problem even with portal url, catch up works only with EPG, if no EPG is available it won't work at all

Hopefully someone from the team can let us know if it's known issue or it's just me doing something wrong. 

Maestro is aware you have a different issue than his

Edited by nbs.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nbs. said:

Maestro is aware you have a different issue than his

I know that's exactly what I said

I believe it's another issue, I don't think it's related to catch up but rather rewinding when no EPG is available. I could be wrong

Anyone can replicate this on his xrs4900?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maestro701 said:

An update is due in a few weeks and will address catchup feature on the url login portals. I'm waiting like you are. Currently my catchup is not working and I have EPG so you are in a better position than I am. Let's wait it out and see. 

they're working on fixing xc api catchup

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lailanis said:

I know that's exactly what I said

I believe it's another issue, I don't think it's related to catch up but rather rewinding when no EPG is available. I could be wrong

Anyone can replicate this on his xrs4900?

It will be fixed, I'll tell you why I have faith it will. 

A while back on the 3000 series you couldn't record a show that had no EPG. I made the buzz team aware of it and they were able to reproduce the issue. And guess what, it was fixed in the following updates. 

Bro these guys have an excellent track record and I'm glad you brought this issue to light so they're made aware of it and can look into it. Thanks 

On 7/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, lailanis said:

Hi

I'm using portal url

I noticed that unless Epg is available that's when I can rewind to older time and from then fast forward if I need to

If Epg is not available I can't do that, I can't go back in time it says just loading or no information available, so catch up doesn't work 

Is that normal? I had another box and even without Epg I was able to use catch up without a problem

Thx for your inputs 

This is a separate issue, well am not even sure if its 100% an issue

Normally channels that offer catchup also have EPG for that channel.  In our experience I haven't come across any channels that have catchup but no epg.

We will need to look into this, but would need to be able to reproduce it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

This is a separate issue, well am not even sure if its 100% an issue

Normally channels that offer catchup also have EPG for that channel.  In our experience I haven't come across any channels that have catchup but no epg.

We will need to look into this, but would need to be able to reproduce it.

Sure. I can give you remote access if we need to or whatever you wanna do it or give you my credentials and change portal to whatever Mac address you give me

PM me whenever you are ready

Thx

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lailanis said:

Sure. I can give you remote access if we need to or whatever you wanna do it or give you my credentials and change portal to whatever Mac address you give me

PM me whenever you are ready

Thx

i would complain to service about no epg

4 hours ago, nbs. said:

i would complain to service about no epg

Already done but shouldn't really matter. Catch up should be related to timing not Epg, if no EPG is there, box needs to just set Epg to like not available and have ability to other to go back by hour like 2pm-1pm-12pm-11am-10-9-8....  That type of thing

30 minutes ago, lailanis said:

Already done but shouldn't really matter. Catch up should be related to timing not Epg, if no EPG is there, box needs to just set Epg to like not available and have ability to other to go back by hour like 2pm-1pm-12pm-11am-10-9-8....  That type of thing

catchup should be related to timing? who decided that?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lailanis said:

each button press is not an hour

it goes to the previous program whether it was 17 minutes ago or hour or whenever it started

so without epg how would it know where to catch up?

Well. I had infomir une the past and without Epg you can rewind regardless, other box that uses android without mentioning the name does the same. 

If no EPG is available, it should just show the content by hour or something like that, that's what I always thought when I used other devices and it always worked

19 hours ago, lailanis said:

Well. I had infomir une the past and without Epg you can rewind regardless, other box that uses android without mentioning the name does the same. 

If no EPG is available, it should just show the content by hour or something like that, that's what I always thought when I used other devices and it always worked

PM me about this.

Thanks