Favorites

Why does the Buzz application keep losing the favorites I've selected from the favorites category? It doesn't matter whether it is the 4500 or the 3000. It doesn't matter what server I'm connected to. I'm connected to  more than one , the 3000 is on a different server than the 4500 but the same issue occurs. Very annoying. It's got to be the buzz. software.    Funny thing is when I go looking for the lost favorites using search there they are with a star beside them. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I tried on my 4900 and working fine. you must be doing something that actually not saving properly. I would factory reset one of them and try again.  let us know 🙂

small video for favorites

Edited by Ryu

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "working fine". Mine works fine! I watched the video and that is what I do EXACTLY! My point is I'll go to bed some night with approx 40 saved channels, get up in the morning and have 15 saved channels. Where did the other ones go? I look them up using search, they appear, they have the star beside them listing them as a favorite but they don't show in the favorites category. I've tried un-favoring them and re-favoring them, doesn't seem to matter. They stay in limbo. Can't blame the server, two different servers same issue. Has to be a Buzz software issue.

• Like 1

It may not effect everyone, but then again some of the other issues posted here don't affect me. So the suggestion for everyone is do a reset?

In consumer affairs it's well known that 3% of customers complain 97% don't. It's because of this companies can get away with  selling products that have issues. If it is a safety issue the governments get involved, if it's not, "Well, sorry, don't know what to tell you."

I personally know of at least 50 people who have purchased the Buzz after seeing mine and I have put them on to my re-seller. I always give them the caveat  "It's glitchy at times" I also know of 5 who have disconnected the box because it wasn't worth the frustration.

I appreciate your advice NBS but unless you are one of the software designers of the Buzz I would prefer to hear from the people who are responsible for FIXING the MANY issues these boxes seem to have.

Respectfully

3 hours ago, onlt the brave said:

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "working fine". Mine works fine! I watched the video and that is what I do EXACTLY! My point is I'll go to bed some night with approx 40 saved channels, get up in the morning and have 15 saved channels. Where did the other ones go? I look them up using search, they appear, they have the star beside them listing them as a favorite but they don't show in the favorites category. I've tried un-favoring them and re-favoring them, doesn't seem to matter. They stay in limbo. Can't blame the server, two different servers same issue. Has to be a Buzz software issue.

you are not quite sure what I mean that means you dont have problem. you know that I answer your question and posted related video as well right? what was so hard here?

both of us advised you to reset but you dont want to.

as NBS said you are not looking for help I would suggest you follow his advise. have a great day.

4 hours ago, onlt the brave said:

It may not effect everyone, but then again some of the other issues posted here don't affect me. So the suggestion for everyone is do a reset?

In consumer affairs it's well known that 3% of customers complain 97% don't. It's because of this companies can get away with  selling products that have issues. If it is a safety issue the governments get involved, if it's not, "Well, sorry, don't know what to tell you."

I personally know of at least 50 people who have purchased the Buzz after seeing mine and I have put them on to my re-seller. I always give them the caveat  "It's glitchy at times" I also know of 5 who have disconnected the box because it wasn't worth the frustration.

I appreciate your advice NBS but unless you are one of the software designers of the Buzz I would prefer to hear from the people who are responsible for FIXING the MANY issues these boxes seem to have.

Respectfully

user error is not many issues?lol

where's your screenshots to prove these many issues?

Edited by dishuser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, onlt the brave said:

I have an idea of what you are experiencing,used to happen to me a long time ago and they were two reasons for it. 

1. The server is somehow reset during the night/day and it would clear the recent favorite channels you would have set. It's true. 

2. Choosing channels as favorites using a mouse doesn't work or any other setting that has to be toggled on buzz. Try hiding categories using a mouse, when you are done you still see them showing up. It's true.

By chance, are any of the favorite channels in a category that you have hidden? 

19 hours ago, Maestro701 said:

I have an idea of what you are experiencing,used to happen to me a long time ago and they were two reasons for it. 

1. The server is somehow reset during the night/day and it would clear the recent favorite channels you would have set. It's true. 

2. Choosing channels as favorites using a mouse doesn't work or any other setting that has to be toggled on buzz. Try hiding categories using a mouse, when you are done you still see them showing up. It's true.

By chance, are any of the favorite channels in a category that you have hidden? 

Thank you Maestro for your courteous and reasoned reply. None of my favorites are hidden. With regard to your first point, If the server does reset, shouldn't that change most of the settings in the buzz?  Yet it does not, why only favorites? I don't lose my favorite websites when I do an update on my computer. I never use a mouse to choose channels. I use the yellow button. I always highlight the header rather than trying to "favorite" a specific season. I find that to be a new headache. With regard to my original post I was just curious as to whether or not others were experiencing a similar issue.

20 hours ago, dishuser said:

user error is not many issues?lol

where's your screenshots to prove these many issues?

You know, I don't have to prove a damn thing to you. User error is not the same as glitches. Want proof? Read the forum, see how many issues there are. You certainly seem to have an abundance of time on your hands considering the number of posts you have to your credit. Alas, some of us actually do more constructive things with our time than trying to be BIG MAN in a little forum.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I  frequent other forums and i have never seen a post about anyone losing favs and that would include hundreds of 4500s and 4000s

Occasionally a unit is glitchy and buzz looks after those units

Anyone if you dont want to do a reset thats your call 

Buzz wont be spending any time fixing any issues with the buzz 4 software

Anyway i thought you only wanted to speak to buzz guys??

Edited by nbs.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, onlt the brave said:

Why does the Buzz application keep losing the favorites I've selected from the favorites category? It doesn't matter whether it is the 4500 or the 3000. It doesn't matter what server I'm connected to. I'm connected to  more than one , the 3000 is on a different server than the 4500 but the same issue occurs. Very annoying. It's got to be the buzz. software.    Funny thing is when I go looking for the lost favorites using search there they are with a star beside them. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Are you using a MAC Server?

If so, favorites for MAC are saved on the server that you're using.

So if they keep getting erased, then the issue is the server you're using the data is getting wiped for your account/subscription.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Are you using a MAC Server?

If so, favorites for MAC are saved on the server that you're using.

So if they keep getting erased, then the issue is the server you're using the data is getting wiped for your account/subscription.

and if it's happening with two different servers and two different boxes?

• Like 1