Screen resolution / Auto refresh rate 50hz 60hz

lailanis

Hi

I'm still playing with my XRS 4900 and on a learning curve. Thx for the forum and developers that listen to the feedback

I have some questions which are somewhat related.

When I turn on auto switch to best resolution, it default into 2160p60hz which I'm fine with but there are content (mainly non north american (europe, north africa, middle east) either iptv or movies that are 50hz but I don't see buzztv auto switch refresh rate when I change from 60hz content to 50hz content, what ever is set stays the same, if it's set to 60hz, all content is played 60hz, if I switch off auto switch to best resolution and set resolution to 2160hz50hz, all content is played at 50hz

You know some movies are run in 24 or 25hz, so it's good to have a box that auto switch refresh rate to avoid stuttering and frame drop here and there

I know it wasn't doable  with old android versions but I think they fixed that recently, even other competitors have that added and they don't even have full android TV but just modified android mobile or whatever it's called

I also saw  a display mode named 4k2k-smpte (not sure what smpte stands for)

Thanks for looking into this, or maybe I'm missing something and needs some clerance

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lailanis said:

Hi

I'm still playing with my XRS 4900 and on a learning curve. Thx for the forum and developers that listen to the feedback

I have some questions which are somewhat related.

When I turn on auto switch to best resolution, it default into 2160p60hz which I'm fine with but there are content (mainly non north american (europe, north africa, middle east) either iptv or movies that are 50hz but I don't see buzztv auto switch refresh rate when I change from 60hz content to 50hz content, what ever is set stays the same, if it's set to 60hz, all content is played 60hz, if I switch off auto switch to best resolution and set resolution to 2160hz50hz, all content is played at 50hz

You know some movies are run in 24 or 25hz, so it's good to have a box that auto switch refresh rate to avoid stuttering and frame drop here and there

I know it wasn't doable  with old android versions but I think they fixed that recently, even other competitors have that added and they don't even have full android TV but just modified android mobile or whatever it's called

I also saw  a display mode named 4k2k-smpte (not sure what smpte stands for)

Thanks for looking into this, or maybe I'm missing something and needs some clerance

The Display setting in Android settings is for Resolution

It only determines automatically the best resolution your TV can support

What you're referring to is Auto Frame Rate to match the content that you're currently watching
We do not have this feature right now.
Its something we plan to add at a later date though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The Display setting in Android settings is for Resolution

It only determines automatically the best resolution your TV can support

What you're referring to is Auto Frame Rate to match the content that you're currently watching
We do not have this feature right now.
Its something we plan to add at a later date though.

I see

It'll be great to have auto refresh rate. Thx a bunch for quick reply 

• Like 1